Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front License Distance Sensors

Kettsvette

Corvette
1988 Dark Red Convertible
Has anyone tried to install one of those front license plate sensor devices that let you know how far an obstruction is from the front bumper? I have bumped my bumper on my '88 convertible only because it is hard to know how close the bumper is to either a curb or wall or some other object when parking the car. Most of the devices I have seen on the internet seem to have a camera attached to the device but some also have distance sensors that are attached to a buzzer that can be mounted somewhere in the interior of the car. If anyone has any experience with these and have a recommendation as to which brands/features are good to have, then please let me know. I think these would really be a good way to minimize the scratches on the front bumper. I'm not so interested in the back-up application but I think they can also be used in the front of the car, too

I've read about one that has the sensors embedded in the license plate frame you mount your existing plate in. Only ones I know of or have see are the factory ones from Chrysler and they're integrated into the car.

Let us know what you find out.

Got one of the beeper kind from mid-america on my '96. Works great. Even let me know when my battery was about to die. ;)

Welcome Gris to CAC! Glad to see you over here!. Thanks for the input on this subject. :thumb:thumb

Which kit did you get from MidAmerican?

Got one of the beeper kind from mid-america on my '96. Works great. Even let me know when my battery was about to die. ;)

I bought a beeper kit for the front and rear end but need some ideas as to where to locate the module and the beeper. Also would like some input about where to get the power from on a C4. The big problem is how to get the wire from the front bumper/license area (outside) to the module which would need to be mounted inside the car somewhere. How to penetrate the firewall. Any suggestions as to how you ran the wires would be a great help.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom