Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front License Plate Cover Removal

hzl6cm

Corvette
1970 Laguna Grey Convert., '04 Z06
This may sound like a real stupid question, but how do you remove the C5 front license plate cover? I was going to install my front plate on my '04 Z06 (I've had the car for 3 months but hadn't yet installed the front plate - but since it is required here in Missouri I figured I should since I didn;'t want to give the cops any other reason to pull me over), but the cover didn't really want to come off - despite hooking my fingers around the bottom edge and pulling hard enough to lift the car. I figured I should ask here before I broke something in case there were any tricks involved. When I removed the cover on my Grand Prix it came off a whole lote easier than that.

Also, I have the holder for the front plate but the screws aren't in the package - a note on the diagram indicates that the screws are elsewhere but I can't figure out where - anybody know where they are hidden? Thanks.

Kevin

Kev,

Pull up on the bottom of the cover and look in. You'll se two screws. You need a long slender screw driver to get at the two screws but it can be done.

Remo:cool

Thanks - found the screws right where you said they were - now I have one less thing to be pulled over for!

Kevin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom