Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front License Plate How To?

• Thread starter Thread starter cerberus
  • Start date Start date
Cover Up

Keep the plate mounted behind the stock cover. Most cops will be satisfied if you take the cover off while they observe. That is "most" cops. Of coarse if you live in South Central L.A., all bets are off.

Remo:cool

Good Idea

Thats a good Idea, I think someone said they used Velcro I think I will try it. I lived in New York State for several years and never put on my front plate and was never hasseled. Now that I live in Missouri I don't know how the cops will react to it. But am getting it ready just in case.

Stosh

I too live in Missouri and just mounted the front plate on my '04 MY Z06 last week (I figured why give them an additional reason to pull me over). An earlier poster said that to mount it in the factory location you just unscrew the front cover and screw the plate on - there is actually more to it than that. GM makes a front mounting kit that consists of a plastic holder that you slide the plate in to and then you screw the assembly on to the bumper using the bootom screw holes of the plate. The holder fills in the aera between the edges of the plate and the edges of the plate opening conforms with the bumper contours so it looks better than just screwing the plate on. It is black but could easily be painted body color. I might also say that I like the idea of mounting the plate on the air dam and I will look in to that this weekend.

Kevin

Below is a link to a picture:

http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/corvettes-002_rs.jpg

hzl6cm said:
GM makes a front mounting kit that consists of a plastic holder. The holder fills in the aera between the edges of the plate and the edges of the plate opening conforms with the bumper contours so it looks better than just screwing the plate on. It is black but could easily be painted body color.

Kev,

I'm having this item painted by a local body shop. I'll see how it looks when mounted. If it looks alright I might actually become street legal for once. I have vanity plates (VRYQWK) so maybe all will look OK.

Remo:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom