Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front License Plate

shopman1

Corvette
73 Coope, White, Black Interior, 420 HP, Restored
Does anyone know how the front License plate will mount, it looks like it may take out about a third of the air flow if its in the front.

Just where do you put the front plate on the C6????

Well designed eh!!

Mart said:
Just where do you put the front plate on the C6????

Well designed eh!!

One can hardly comment on the aspect of the design of the front license plate bracket when they haven't seen the implementation...

This has been on the other forum for a while. A photochop job, but....

fronttoof.jpg

I would hope the final implementation looks better than a copy and paste job in Photoshop. Either way, how do you think a front plate will make the Enzo look? I think all those living in states that require a front plate should lobby their state governments to get rid of the front plate requirement. Think of the money they would save by only issuing one plate? ;) Besides how much better the car will look.

Leon

Gorgon said:
One can hardly comment on the aspect of the design of the front license plate bracket when they haven't seen the implementation...

Sorry, but I think we can comment on the aspect of the plate, since the car has been shown to the public. Both the C4 and C5 had a place to put the plate that did not affect the airflow through a massive black void one would call a "grill".

And as far as commenting on something, "Not that I disagree with Gorgon on the front plate issue" but c'mon reality check here, lobby the guv in canada HA HA HA HA Thud, oops fell off my chair laughing. I have a better chance of asking for no snow this winter.

Mart

P.S. Does anyone actually like the look of the enzo, Yuch :puke

Front Plate

Hey Mart ... I drive around with one plate all the time. The only time I get a little nervous is when I leave the bar with a belly full of ale!!!

Otherwise ... I think it is about a $175 fine. I have had lots of warnings but never a fine.

Sorry Mart, didn't realize that you were from Canada. I think there may be a better chance for some states in the US to change, but as far as I know all provinces in Canada require the front plate?

As to the plate, Chevy may have designed a bracket that places the plate in a "better" location than in the middle of the open mouth. But you are correct in the sense that no matter where it goes it will probably break up the lines of the car.

Leon

Front Plate

drcorvette said:
Hey Mart ... I drive around with one plate all the time. The only time I get a little nervous is when I leave the bar with a belly full of ale!!!

Now this sounds like a real good plan. Fast car, no front plate, and a belly full of ale. Don't forget to leave your license at home just to round out the offenses.

Remo :cool

Well said Remo.

I never take any chances in my vette, I enjoy driving it too much.

Mart

Frt. Plate dilemma

Does anyone know how the front License plate will mount, it looks like it may take out about a third of the air flow if its in the front.
A $170 fine by NYS changed my mind about driving with no front plate. I was chased down by a Trooper and issued a citation for no front plate ( the only violation). After returning home I begrudgingly mounted the plate bracket supplied by GM. Instead of sticking it on the nose as directions indicate. I turned the bracket upside down and mounted in on the drv. side. near the fog light. It's the least ugly alternative.;shrug

I think all those living in states that require a front plate should lobby their state governments to get rid of the front plate requirement. Think of the money they would save by only issuing one plate?
I think its going in the other direction.
That means, with all the cameras used for E-Z Pass toll collections and that type of thing, the states will want more front plates in the future.

First off... Welcome to the :CAC bac2vettes.

Instead of sticking it on the nose as directions indicate. I turned the bracket upside down and mounted in on the drv. side. near the fog light. It's the least ugly alternative.;shrug

How about some pictures?

Hecox

I don't and I won't put a front plate on.Hell I haven't even registered it in two years and I think the inspection sticker ,if it has one is at least two years old.

Besides Junkie has it right now ,he loves jail time.

Here's a pic of the NCM bracket that mounts on the front air-dam, out of sight yet trying to be partially legal! I have the spirit of the law going for me, at least!! :L
GarageandVette003-1.jpg

NCM BRACKET-me too!

FOR 35 BUCKS,it can't be beat!!Better then taping the stock GM bracket to the top of the bumper like they want,and certainly better than spending 150 bucks for some ugly removable thing.IN REALITY,THOUGH,I've seen worse than the GM mounting place for the plate.It sits on top of the front fascia and doesn't block airflow at allI still won't put it on though unless I have to!

I think its going in the other direction.
That means, with all the cameras used for E-Z Pass toll collections and that type of thing, the states will want more front plates in the future.

Cameras used for taking pictures of plates if you skip paying a toll are focused on the rear plate, not the front. How would they know you don't have an EZ Pass transmitter in your car before you get there? Its only when you pass under it, and the system realizes you didn't register a automatic deduction from your account via a transmitter that they'll take your car's picture.

Law enforcement is the advocate of front license plates, although, I can't understand why. I've never seen any indication that states with front plate requirements actually have lower incidences of offenses committed with cars than states which don't require front plates.

Even if you're going to build a case for things like mounted cameras at intersections to put a stop to running a yellow light, or being one of the last to sneak through a light that's just changed to red, they can only do that taking a picture of the rear plate. How are they going to know you intend to run the light before you do it? (Same basic issue with the EZ Pass toll road cameras).

Now, I'm not giving anyone advice, or starting some "no front plate" advocacy campaign. I'm just giving you my stance on the issue: In none of the Corvettes I've ever owned have I used a front plate. And I've never once been pulled over for not having a front plate. I've asked several of my friends in my local Police Department about it, actually, and they've all said the same thing: any cop who pulls you over and issues you a citation for not having a front plate is either a rookie who's trying to show activity, or a veteran who's having a bad day.

-Patrick

I went to the National Corvette Museum web site under Corvette Store,page over to autos and essentials ,there they have a site for a C6 clean fascia front lisence plate mount for only 15.95. I got one. It does the job and thats all I care about,plus the front
of my C6 is clean and still aerodynamic. Linda Lake ( LITLZO6 )

I've got one too.The plate is there your legal and it dosn't mess with the beauty of theC6

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom