Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

front plate

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
So I've been using a regular license plate instead of the Corvette plate because I don't want to attract any attention from the good police officers we have over here.

But, I didn't like the look; almost every 'Vette I see on the road uses the Corvette plate. So I bought one of the Corvette plates and the only problem is that it's yellow and my car is white.

I would like to paint it white and need to know a few things:

1. Can I use spray paint or is there a specific paint?
2. Is this something that can be easily done?
3. How exactly do I go about doing it?

Thanks,
edmond

I got my body shop to do mine. They used this rubber application paint so if the panel ever flexes it wont crack. It only cost me about 70 bucks CAN so in US dollars it shouldnt be more than 50 bucks Im guessing (I could be wrong) but look into it (Mabe I got a deal I dont know)

I just went to Checkers, and purchased spray paint that matched my car, put a couple coats on , and have had no problems. I figured it was inexpensive, and if it didn't work, I wasn't out that much. Plus, I could touch it up if and when necessary.

I'm with lou on this one

I went to our local autoparts store, looked up the correct paint (I almost fainted when they actually had it...in stock even) and bought a can for around 3 bucks. A few coats later and it is very close to perfect.
--Drew:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom