Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Plates for the C7

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
I was at the NCM for the Labor Day event this past weekend. Kirk Bennion's Night Race Blue had what might be the first front license plate bracket for the C7. I've attached a couple of pictures of it to this thread. It definitely looks better than what the C6's have which looks like an afterthought and more like the C4's and C5's. I believe he said that production models will have a center piece of the grill that comes out and this front plate goes in it's place. It is supposed to be easily removed and is recommended that it be removed for heavy track usage. I believe he said that 37 states don't require a front plate. I know Illinois requires one 12" off the ground but this is only about 9". Hopefully the police won't be bringing a ruler with them if you get stopped.

Several of us club members were going to a local restaurant and as we were walking through the parking lot a Laguna Blue C7 pulled up. We talked with the driver and he had dinner with us. He is a software integration engineer so we bent his ear for most of the dinner. He showed us a picture on his phone and asked what was wrong. It was a display of the dash. We noted that it said he was pulling 1.13G's. However he was going zero MPH. :chuckle He said it took about a week to straighten out that bug. We all got to sit in his car and he went through all the dash displays. Thanks Scott for putting up with us!

Finally, my 88 reached a milestone by turning over 60,000 miles on the way home.

Great time and I can't wait for the 20th Anniversary Caravan next year.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Front Plate for C7.jpgAnother view of front plate.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't look bad at all. Here in Ohio we are getting very close to trashing the front plate.

Tom

That doesn't look bad at all. Here in Ohio we are getting very close to trashing the front plate.

Tom

Lucky you Tom. I'm surprised these libtards in MD haven't changed them to those huge UK size plates just to piss off everyone. I promise you MD will never dump the front plate. And they pick on Vette's specifically. Junior has a nice '13 Focus ST and he removed the front plate the day he bought it earlier this year and doesn't even get a glance from the LEO's. But if I pulled the front plate off my C5 I'd be stopped within an hour.

nut :mad

Lucky you Tom. I'm surprised these libtards in MD haven't changed them to those huge UK size plates just to piss off everyone. I promise you MD will never dump the front plate. And they pick on Vette's specifically. Junior has a nice '13 Focus ST and he removed the front plate the day he bought it earlier this year and doesn't even get a glance from the LEO's. But if I pulled the front plate off my C5 I'd be stopped within an hour.

nut :mad

Too true, Nut, I feel your pain but really surprised Jr is getting away with it. It's all about the revenue in MD. I got cited (not an inspection tix, a $70 tix) by a trooper for a TAG light being out. (and no, I was nothing but polite when pulled over)

Ugggghhh

I was at the NCM for the Labor Day event this past weekend. Kirk Bennion's Night Race Blue had what might be the first front license plate bracket for the C7. I've attached a couple of pictures of it to this thread. It definitely looks better than what the C6's have which looks like an afterthought and more like the C4's and C5's. I believe he said that production models will have a center piece of the grill that comes out and this front plate goes in it's place. It is supposed to be easily removed and is recommended that it be removed for heavy track usage. I believe he said that 37 states don't require a front plate. I know Illinois requires one 12" off the ground but this is only about 9". Hopefully the police won't be bringing a ruler with them if you get stopped.

Several of us club members were going to a local restaurant and as we were walking through the parking lot a Laguna Blue C7 pulled up. We talked with the driver and he had dinner with us. He is a software integration engineer so we bent his ear for most of the dinner. He showed us a picture on his phone and asked what was wrong. It was a display of the dash. We noted that it said he was pulling 1.13G's. However he was going zero MPH. :chuckle He said it took about a week to straighten out that bug. We all got to sit in his car and he went through all the dash displays. Thanks Scott for putting up with us!

Finally, my 88 reached a milestone by turning over 60,000 miles on the way home.

Great time and I can't wait for the 20th Anniversary Caravan next year.

Ron
"Baldie88"

View attachment 14951View attachment 14950

I hate the look of that front bracket...it changes the look of the front drastically...I guess I'm going to get at least one ticket before I capitulate if ever :ugh

Too true, Nut, I feel your pain but really surprised Jr is getting away with it. It's all about the revenue in MD. I got cited (not an inspection tix, a $70 tix) by a trooper for a TAG light being out. (and no, I was nothing but polite when pulled over)

Hey Otter.... yeah, its kind of a gag with Jr and the tag. He works for SHA and his shop is behind the State Barracks in HoCo and they drive past it every day and not a wink. If he finally gets stopped, he'll just flash the SHA badge and they'll give him a pass like they did with the Vette the times he was stopped. I'm in PGCo and you can imagine polite doesn't work too well here either under any circumstances. Just another reason why I hate the state more than ever.

drive safe..................... nut :upthumbs

I'm in PGCo and you can imagine polite doesn't work too well here either under any circumstances. Just another reason why I hate the state more than ever.

drive safe..................... nut :upthumbs

Grew up in Glenn Dale, had a house in Lanham until 88, moved to So. Md and haven't looked back at the PG days except once a year playing golf @ Glenn Dale

Nut,
You are welcome here in Ohio any time. It didn't get passed before they went on vacation but I hope it will come up this fall. lots of people don't run a front plate around here and never get stopped.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom