Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Springs

S

Spdfrk

I am thinking of replacing the front springs on my 77 vette can anyone tell me which one I should buy and where I can purchase them .
Frank

Vette Brakes and Products has a great price and they are powedercoated. Be careful not to get to stiff a spring. One of my vette resto books talks about newer technology and using softer springs front and rear with larger swaybars. In fact, he interviewed on of the guys from VB&P for his discussion. Give them a call and discuss with them.

Jim

I think I got the same ones Jack did only I got them for $48 at Advance Auto---but then I cut 3/4 of a coil to lower the front end.

Here's a pic before I cut them.

webpage-2.jpg

Follow 70stingray's lead

/Len ... I think I got the same ones Jack did only I got them for $48 at Advance Auto---
If I'd had a bit more info at time of purchase I would've bought locally (Advance) too. But when I checked prices, the Advance guy told me they'd have to be ordered ... AND it was about $50 for EACH spring ... I suggested he must mean for a pair ... he insisted each. In restrospect, he was mistaken ... I'll only argue to a point ... then go elsewhere. I recall Len & I exchanged spring part numbers in recent past ... I think Len got a different pn (? maybe 5758?) ... but they're the same price anyway. I'd follow Len's lead here ... go to Advance ... and insist on getting the "pair price." Oh yea Len ... I still think your's is about as pretty a shark as I've seen ... g'luck on the BB project!
JACK:gap

Thanks Jack. My part # was CS5758 and I don't have patience for auto parts counter idiots either. I woulda walked too.

The BB?? Well, I'm working on the main bearing clearances right now----I'm waiting for a bore gauge so I can measure the clearance more accurately than with plasticgauge. I've been told I should strive for main clearances of 0.0025-0.0030.

Front Springs & Rear bearings

Thanks for all the help/ advice guys I ordered a set springs from Vette Brakes and Priducts they shiuld be in Antigua next week. Now all I have to do is get enough nerve to tackle the rear wheel bearings .

Good Catch Len

My bad ... I didn't see the Antiguan logistics ---good catch Len! G'luck spdfrk.
JACK:gap

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom