Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front wheel bearings

wheel bearings

Have you disassembled and visually inspected the bearings and races before deciding to replace? If there is no discoloration due to heat and no pitting or wear marks on the races or bearings, there probably is no need to replace. I would just do a good cleaning and repacking. It's hard to tell where or by whom some of the new bearing sets are made and new ones might not last as long as the OEM.
:argue

Have you disassembled and visually inspected the bearings and races before deciding to replace? If there is no discoloration due to heat and no pitting or wear marks on the races or bearings, there probably is no need to replace. I would just do a good cleaning and repacking. It's hard to tell where or by whom some of the new bearing sets are made and new ones might not last as long as the OEM.
:argue

I had to replace my front bearings on my 92 Camaro. When it was on the hoist, the wheels could be moved, as in play that shouldn't be there. The problem was the wheel bearings were warn. Is it possible to do this inspection on a c3 vette? You tell me. they made noise when I reached 70 mph which prompted me to check it out.

When the bearings were removed, they still were still nicely packed with Kendal super blue, and did not look bad, but they were bad. If you are at this point then why not replace them?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom