Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FSM white or red manuals

Stonecold C-4

Corvette
1993 LT-1 Torch Red Coupe automatic
So I see alot of members making it a point to let folks know that you need to get a set of manuals for your car, my question is which one or which set.
I see that there is a 2 book set which has red covers and there is a white single book that looks like it has the 2 book set info it it (pretty thick). The
white book has written on the outside of it " To be replaced by ST-364-95-1 and ST-364-95-2 " which is the #'s on the red cover set. The prices are all
over the place I can get a white one for $28.00-$89.00 and red set $50.00-$110.00 so which to buy is my question or does it really matter. Thanks

If the white set says to be replaced by the red set then the red is the one with all the revisions and updates. I personally have the 2 book set. As a matter of fact I had never heard that there was a singal volume from GM for the Vette.

Fsm

If the white set says to be replaced by the red set then the red is the one with all the revisions and updates. I personally have the 2 book set. As a matter of fact I had never heard that there was a singal volume from GM for the Vette.
Thanks John, the white book from what I've been told was written by the folks at the Corvette plant and goes out early with the first shipment of Vettes and then is replaced by the red books. Here is item # 130706989588 for a listing on ebay check it out. :thumb

The white books are preliminary manuals sent out before the manuals are finalized (red manuals). They only basically contain the changes to the new model year. A GM dealer would have the previous year manuals to fill in the gaps.

For example I have a 2 volume Red Set for my 93. My buddy has a 94 and bought a white 94 manual. It contains the changes relevant to his 94, I can fill in the info with my 93 set as it is the same except for what is in the white 94 manual. Hope this makes sense.

I have the white book. Seems to have more than enough info in it to get me in trouble :)

White copy FSMs are preliminary manuals issued to dealers near the start of the model year, they may contain information later deemed to be inaccurate and/or they may have information which is missing.

Red copy FSMs are the official service info for that model year.

If you use the white copies, understand that some information might be incorrect and some information might not be there.

I bought the two book set for my 88 shortly after getting it. I believe I got them off of eBay. One is the regular manual and the other is the electrical supplement. They have helped me many times. I've actually taken them with me to the dealers if I had a problem I was unsure of.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Single volumes started in 1989. This changed back to two volumes some time in early 1990s. The single 1989 - 1992??? manuals included the eletrical section.

I have an '85 that has/uses a single manual. To add sauce to the goose, if you want some out of print original manuals, Helm(official GM supplier) supplies a photo copy set of the manual, in white (single pages, not bound).

White copy FSMs are preliminary manuals issued to dealers near the start of the model year, they may contain information later deemed to be inaccurate and/or they may have information which is missing.

Red copy FSMs are the official service info for that model year.

If you use the white copies, understand that some information might be incorrect and some information might not be there.

Thank you sir. I guess i need to find me some red books :)

Purchased

Ok well seems ya'll answered my question, so this is what I did the guy that had the Buy it now white book for $28.00 sold it to me for $15.00 free shipping. The other set of red books I got for $65.00 free shipping, decided to go with both because they were cheap and I can compare when I have nothing else to do, and I'll have all that was printed for the 95 Vette. Thanks for the input :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom