Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel injection cleaner

R

resto75

I was wondering if any of the fuel injection cleaners really work or if your better off not using them at all. I know theres the cheap stuff you just pour in with your gas and then theres the more involved method that has I believe three cans of cleaner, one of them is injected into you manifold some how.

Do these really work or are they just another gimick to get your money ?

I've heard the pros and cons and I do use STP once a year and have had no problems. Going on 80k+ and running strong. There are treatments out there which are more involved. I have not used them. I use 1 bottle a year in the tank.

I use the techroline addditive

but you really have no way of knowing how clean things are getting.

I'm going to try some to uncrust the carbon on the top of the pistons on my 327 engine project.

Mike

Chevron's Techroline IS supposed to be the best...

...not that I'm biased or anything after working for twenty years at that refinery though. :L

Roy, any of the major gasoline companies you choose for your fuel in the cars use an additive that is designed to keep your injectors clean at all times. If you use a good grade of gasoline, you should not have to use an additive; it's a waste of your money. ;)

_ken :w

Fuel Injector Cleaner

I have used this stuff called SEAFOAM. It's the best that I have found. It actually cleans everything! Gives you better throttle response , you can feel it .

Brian :beer

I usually use a bottle of STP after every oil change. Sometimes, you can actually see gas mileage increase by .1 miles!

I always use premium fuel so I'm not really that concerned with dirty injectors; but a few extra bucks per oil change won't break me.

By the way, the highest I've ever seen my avg. MPG was 16.7 Is that pretty typical? Right now, it's running at 12.2

BullWinkle said:
By the way, the highest I've ever seen my avg. MPG was 16.7 Is that pretty typical? Right now, it's running at 12.2

Around town? That's pretty much the norm. On the highway you should probably be seeing around 24-26 mpg. ;)

_ken :w

grumpy...I'll tell you what...between this post and the post on oil and bearings, my technical reference folder is getting WAY fat :upthumbs

Thanks for sharing ;)

ken...jeeze....i'm only getting around 10 MPG in town! Could the fact that my trips across town are MUCH quicker than they were in my other car be a factor??:s

whats WAY FAT , MINES GOT 3.7 gig of referance material and links

Wow, I'm a rookie...that's not WAY fat, that's EXTRA WAY fat :L. I thought ~900 MB zipped was WAY fat, considering that represents hundreds of txt and jpg files.

Actually, I print, three-hole punch and binder most of the reference material I want to keep. Trying to manage things like this on a PC is very aggravating to me :Silly.

Colorado

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom