Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Fuel Injection

garrymidd

Corvette
1977 red Coupe
Hi can any one advice me if it would be possible to fit fuel injection on my 1977 vette. If so then what set up would you recommend:confused. Thank's Gaz

look up the powerjection FI conversion. it is a tbi carb look a like that has the injectors where the carb bowls used to be. it fits just like a holley 4150 and uses all the vacuum and linkages of the holley. supposed to be self learning as well. no hood changes and if you get the powerjection III system you wont even need to cut a hole in your firewall for the ecu. its all up front.

I went with TPI and I didn't cut into the body anywhere.

FWIW- I've built TPI systems turn key complete for between $1k and $1.3K.

Examples-
$65: Cost effective ECM for TPI-
eBay Motors: 90-92 TPI Tuned Port Camaro 1227730 ECM Computer (item 370167803291 end time Apr-02-09 10:44:17 PDT)

$150 intake from a Corvette-
eBay Motors: 1985-19?? Corvette TPI Intake Manifold + Rails + Extras (item 180334414170 end time Mar-12-09 21:16:14 PDT)

$250 Harness-
eBay Motors: 1990-92 TPI Fuel Injection Wiring Harness (item 190290339979 end time Mar-08-09 21:15:00 PDT)

You'd do well with those parts, a AFPR, and some new injectors. Seems like the swap is very reasonable now. Just a bit over $500 for those parts. All that is left are small pieces.

I won't use PAINLESS harnesses either.

Ebay is a great place to pick up intakes, rails, runners, etc for cheap. You can also get chips (Scott Hansen), wiring harnesses (S10wildside), other parts (TPI_parts).

Here's a technical article about how I did it-
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...ngs-worked-well-me-over-years.html#post920605

IMG_2084.jpg

Powerjection 111

Thank's. That's just what i am after. Do you know of any where that supply these for the uk or any one that would ship them out. Thank's Gaz

Thank's. That's just what i am after. Do you know of any where that supply these for the uk or any one that would ship them out. Thank's Gaz
i dont know,
if you didnt have to install an 02 sensor then how well can it adjust air fuel curves

Street & Performance ships overseas. However, they are a bit pricey. Ebay is usually cheaper because it is like a big rummage sale.

Welcome to Street and Performance

If you contact a few of the Ebay sellers, who knows- they may ship overseas if your feedback ratings are high enough.

painless?

Dark Shark,
could you explain why you would not go with a painless harness.

Dark Shark,
could you explain why you would not go with a painless harness.

I like the harness built by Mike Noonan. His have longer leads than PAINLESS uses for the MAP sensor and other sensors. Basically, PAINLESS creates their harness with leads just long enough to mount sensors to their mounting bracket. Mike's harness is an F-body length harness and the leads allow the MAP to be mounted to the side of the plenum- you can't do that with PAINLESS.

He builds several TPI versions that use everything from LS1 ECMs to MAP and MAF ECMs.

Here is a link to the LS1 TPI harness. Pretty cool.
eBay Motors: TPI Fuel Injection Wiring Harness LS1 PCM Control New (item 370175184184 end time Mar-28-09 05:01:12 PDT)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom