Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Injectors

ringleader

Corvette
1990 Black coupe
:r My 90 Vette failed the smog check in California. I took my car to my mechanic and he ran all the tests and no matter what he does the the car runs too lean. I installed Accel 21 fuel injectors and he thinks that's the problem as stock injectors are 22 and the engine can't get enough fuel. Everything else has been checked, oxygen sensor, egr, catalytic converter, etc. Any ideas or if the injectors could make the difference?

I have never heard of anyone installing smaller injectors on a L98. Please tell us more.

What does the O2 sensor have to say?

SPANISHVETTS said:
I have never heard of anyone installing smaller injectors on a L98. Please tell us more.

I agree,stock being 22lbs. also, haven't heard much good said about accel injectors as well. FWIW when my injectors needed "the change" I went with Ford pink tops,and couldn't be happier.Good Luck!!

If the engine is running to lean on a dyno at 25 mph, What is happening at highway speeds or higher??? Since our systems run pulse width, if its lean at 25 mph then there is no more pulse to go faster. I don't think that is the problem! Doesn’t the computer learn new parameters biased in air flow & oxygen sensor? I think smaller injectors would have more of an effect at higher power levels.

SPANISHVETTS said:

What does the O2 sensor have to say?

Summit Racing recommends the 21lb on their site and also recommends the 24lb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom