Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel pump gaqsket.

roger longman

Corvette
1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
Hi all, I've got the new fuel pump and all I need to do is install it......but I cant locate a gasket. The usual parts stores come up with a 5 sided thing. Perhaps I'm decribing it incorrectly, I think it to be the oblong shape, with rounded corners and provision for 8 or 9 fixing bolts/studs. Help please........Roger.

Hi all, I've got the new fuel pump and all I need to do is install it......but I cant locate a gasket. The usual parts stores come up with a 5 sided thing. Perhaps I'm decribing it incorrectly, I think it to be the oblong shape, with rounded corners and provision for 8 or 9 fixing bolts/studs. Help please........Roger.
It's flat rectangular rubber,about 3in X 4in rounded corners 8 bolt holes!:thumb

Attachments

• C4 Fuel Pump R&R (Large).jpg
    C4 Fuel Pump R&R (Large).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 73
Thanks Jesse and Ted, I counted 9 bolt holes, is that 1 too many ?.....Roger.
I'm sorry,I just went out and looked at my 92 and there is 9 bolts!
My Bad!:D

Also, you can make your own by tracing the old one if you need it now. Your local auto parts stores should carry the rubber sheets.
I found it very helpful to get a hole punch for this, to quickly make neater holes. I made my last such gasket such cheaper than buying this one.

Hi Mike, Yes, I found that price ( $33.00 inc tax ) ridiculously high. Shopped around and, picked up one for $6.50 yesterday, from J&D Corvette in Bellflower. How's the project going ?........Roger. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom