Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel System O-rings

93Rubie

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Coupe
Anyone know the specs for ALL of the o-rings in LT1 fuel systems?

Given the stories of fuel fires and such, and that many of our cars are nearing 20 years old. Not a bad I idea to replace them, at least in my book.

Seems to me there are 2 at the filter, 1 at the return connection near filter.
Two on the inlet and outlets for the fuel rail. At least 4(?) for the cross over tubes on the rails.
Two for the fuel regulator.

Not counting the injector o-rings replaced those in 2010, when I did my intake manifold gaskets, because LT1's never leak oil from the ends of the block. :eyerole

That is all of them I think.

Any known good sources for QUALITY replacements? Rock Auto has some but I need those specs. to be sure I getting the right ones.

I plan on replacing the 20 year old high pressure fuel hose back at the sender too. I'm not sure how far they go to the pass. side of the tank before turning into steel lines, but I'm sure it will be fun to replace them. At least the connections at the sender will be easy. :L

Thanks in advance.

I agree about the "o" Rings See my post http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c4-technical-performance/127005-gas-smell.html

I
went to a bearing supplier and they measured one of the "O" rings I took with me. What they came up with were these. GoldSpec "O" Pack P/N 01110. These are 3/8 X 9/16 X 3/32
O rings 25 in a package for about $3.00. These "O" rings are slightly thinner then the one from GM but I was able to use two in in each position and still get a tight snap fit of the fitting without any leaks. Maybe your bearing supplier would have the exact thickness. So take a few of the "O" rings with you for them to measure.

Yeah, I remember your thread on that. I'm probably going to order some known sizes and take everything apart, then replace what I can and find what I need. By all means though if anyone else has anything to add, please do.

I purchased this viton o-ring kit. It had all the right sizes for both the fuel filter (2 required) and the fuel injector rail connections (2 required) for my L98. 180 Piece Viton O-Ring Kit

Most O-ring kits sell the inj set separately from the "rail-set" so check on that. The rail set are different and contain CS valve rings and the 2 small rings for the steel fuel lines.

I just replaced o-rings because of a gas leak from the regulator block to the rail,. old ring (black style) was flat, hard and chewed up allowing gas to seep past. Went ahead and did the rails and inj (inj only 1 yr old but they were out).

I figured as much on the fuel rails. The ones for the injector are easy but I have some sources for the injector rails.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom