Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Funny response to login

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
When I login today, I get the 'welcome' Tuna message then it redirects me to the forums where I get the message that I'm a 'guest' and not Tuna. If I click "Today's Posts", the top of the page changes to show me logged in as Tuna.

What's up with this?

I'm not sure what's going on, Tuna. Let me see if we can get some info for you.

:wJane Ann

It's been doing that all day to me. Log in and get the same guest screen back. Click any forum link and I get a screen with the proper 'logged in' header.

:w Tuna,

I ALWAYS thought you were SPECIAL :D this just confirms it. Only gifted, special folks get that kind of greeting :rotfl

I am by far a computer person, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express during our last vacation ;)

First I would try to delete all temporary internet files, if you use the keep me logged in function when logging on (I don't use this feature, and I log off every time I leave the Action Center) make sure the box is checked, also check your CP settings to make sure nothing there has changed.

And if none of this works, stand by someone that REALLY knows something will be along, probably after their normal 8 ~ 5 job.. ;)

Consider this pay back for the first 7 minutes of the Nebraska ~ Oklahoma game :boogie :chuckle

Bud

Tuna,

Any luck yet?

I responded back to your email yesterday, but haven't heard anything back.

Just logged in today at home. Responded to your email. My home computer showed the thanks for logging in message again then showed the quest screen. I clicked "Today's posts" and got the logged in screen and I can obviously post again.

Both my office and home computer are behaving the same way and that's confusing as I have not changed the settings or either. I'll keep digging and see if I can figure it out.

Fixed now. Thanks.

All of a sudden I have to put in my user name and password to access and I have always had the box checked: Remember me. Like I said this has always worked for me and just yesterday started asking for my user info and pass word everytime. I went back in on user page and checked all this went through and rechecked: Remember me on the password and etc. but still asking for this info everytime. Is this a y2k thing just catching up you think?

Bill

All of a sudden I have to put in my user name and password to access and I have always had the box checked: Remember me. Like I said this has always worked for me and just yesterday started asking for my user info and pass word everytime. I went back in on user page and checked all this went through and rechecked: Remember me on the password and etc. but still asking for this info everytime. Is this a y2k thing just catching up you think?

Bill
It's possible, but nothing has changed on our end. The system uses cookies to recognize you each time you come back to the forums. Those cookies may have an end of year expiration date. I'm not sure.

Either way, it sounds like your computer is not allowing you to store cookies. You'll have to make sure that you allow cookies from the Corvette Action Center on your computer.

It's possible, but nothing has changed on our end. The system uses cookies to recognize you each time you come back to the forums. Those cookies may have an end of year expiration date. I'm not sure.

Either way, it sounds like your computer is not allowing you to store cookies. You'll have to make sure that you allow cookies from the Corvette Action Center on your computer.

Thanks Rob; I am still investigating, strange thing eveything worked as designed until I tired to get on this morning. Not sure which way to go now but looking around for something that has changed and why.

Thanks again,
Bill

I have been looking at my settings to see what may have changed and for the life of me I see nothing differant. I must admit that I am somewhat limited on allowing cookies which I assume as something to do with the web site asking me to log in everytime even though I have checked the box REMEMBER ME. Is there anyone that can walk me through what to check; I am still looking but don't want to screw something else up trying to fix this.
Thanks,
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom