Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuse trouble

skeds

Corvette
1988 corvette
i have a problem finding a short on my 1988 corvette conv. i narrowed it down to the ctsy/clk fuse and the lcd fuse. my question it what does the lcd fuse control??? and what circuits are on the ctsy/clk fuse line?? i have the car half apart took out the radio, heater door panels and i still cant find it!! need some ideas on where to look thanks!!

Courtesy/clock fuse could also be tied in to your cigarette lighter in which I have found many short circuits in the past. Check the cig lighter assembly closely.

already pulled the cigarette lighter still getting a drain.

going to pull power antenna that stopped working so thats my next step thanks is there anything else that is on that circuit i can check???

As long as the drain is continuous, the battle is almost won.

Electricity flow is like water flow. It comes from a source, flows down the river, spins a water wheel, and flows to the ocean. Channel some water off BEFORE the wheel (a 'ground'), and the wheel slows down. Channel some water AFTER the wheel (another 'ground'), and it can drain faster, and the water wheel spins faster and burns up.

They don't taste the same tho' NOpE. Don't believe it? Have a taste with your analog current detector (or get someone else to try it):

giraffe-tongue.jpg

( just think - with one of those, you wouldn't have to use a finger :booger)

already pulled the cigarette lighter still getting a drain.

I thought that you were looking for a short, not a drain on the battery, that's why I previously suggested the lighter. For a battery drain, I have found a few horns that have drained the battery, try disconnecting them and the relay if you have one and see if the drain goes away.

thanks i think i narrowed it down to the instr. cluster the lcd is the one drawing from the battery guess i need to figure out how to remove it.if anyone knows how to do it i would appreciate some advice thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom