Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fusible Links

Shafe

Corvette
1989 Convertible
I have an 89 convertible and currently I am restoring the entire interior. Went to start it and lost all power. Battery is fine, the fusible links I have found and tested seem to be OK. There are a number behind the battery and one on the starter. I need to find out if there are any more fusible links that I'm missing and/or which fusible links would kill 100% of power to the car. I'm new to CAC and really appreciate any help!
Shafe

I have an 89 convertible and currently I am restoring the entire interior. Went to start it and lost all power. Battery is fine, the fusible links I have found and tested seem to be OK. There are a number behind the battery and one on the starter. I need to find out if there are any more fusible links that I'm missing and/or which fusible links would kill 100% of power to the car. I'm new to CAC and really appreciate any help!
Shafe

Fine and seem ok don't cut it in diagnosis, you need to be certain. What does the battery load to @ 9.6V for 15 seconds? If it wasn't tested with a carbon pile tester it needs to be.

The fusible links need to be tested with a test light at both ends to know that they are good, sometimes you can pull on them hard and see if they come apart, these are valid tests. Both positive and negative battery cables need to be clean and tight at both ends, if you can twist the cable by hand they are not tight.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom