Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(FWIW) co-worker just heard...

Joe C

Corvette
1985 two-tone silver/graphite z51 auto
a co-worker just stopped by and said he heard a news brief on the radio about the new z06 - said the base price was at 60K. remember FWIW

probably said "C6"?

Joe C said:
same here. i'm guessing a loaded version at $67500

That I disagree with as I'm not sure where $7500 worth of options would come from. I expect GM to offer the Z06 as it did for C5, one basic loaded car at one price. The only option on the C5 Z06 for '04 was BSM's and memory package which added $325 to the base car. Maybe $340 if you included the license plate bracket. :) BTW, not included the Commemorative Edition as an option.

I expect the Z06 to come standard equiped like a 1SB convertible. There will be no suspenstion/performance package options because the Z06 will have it's own tuned suspension, standard wheels, so no wheel options. I guess there could be some options for OnStar, not sure about XM or DVD/NAV, but it would likely not be on my car if I was to order it. Even if it was the pricing breaks down like this:

XM - $325
DVD Nav - $1600
OnStar - $695

$2620 in possible options if offered puts a loaded C6 Z06 around $62,500 with the above options. Not bad, I'll take two. :D We'll see in a couple weeks.

Leon

yogivette said:
There are actually option packages...1LZ and 2LZ...here is a link to a one page brochure that was sent out with the options. ALso there is a wheel option, polished or not. http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76892

Great post, I hadn't seen the brochure before. Looks cool. :D

Nothing in that brochure looked like a $7k upcharge. The 2LZ looks very similar to the 1SB from the vert but includes XM for no charge and the passenger seat is manual no matter how much you pay. :)

1LZ looks to be a "stripper" in the sense the pulled a bit of the gatchets out (though they left quite a bit still in there). Wonder what the weight savings would be...

Leon

Gorgon said:
That I disagree with as I'm not sure where $7500 worth of options would come from. I expect GM to offer the Z06 as it did for C5, one basic loaded car at one price. The only option on the C5 Z06 for '04 was BSM's and memory package which added $325 to the base car. Maybe $340 if you included the license plate bracket. :) BTW, not included the Commemorative Edition as an option.

I expect the Z06 to come standard equiped like a 1SB convertible. There will be no suspenstion/performance package options because the Z06 will have it's own tuned suspension, standard wheels, so no wheel options. I guess there could be some options for OnStar, not sure about XM or DVD/NAV, but it would likely not be on my car if I was to order it. Even if it was the pricing breaks down like this:

XM - $325
DVD Nav - $1600
OnStar - $695

$2620 in possible options if offered puts a loaded C6 Z06 around $62,500 with the above options. Not bad, I'll take two. :D We'll see in a couple weeks.

Leon
polished wheels will be an option @ around $1300-1400. the price keeps going up!!!

Joe C said:
polished wheels will be an option @ around $1300-1400. the price keeps going up!!!

Save the money and buy after market wheels if they are anything like the polished ones they are putting on the regular C6. We know, ours look like, well use your imagination.

I'm told by a friend (who gets a new Corvette from Cormier Chevrolet in Long Beach every year) that the Z06 he's getting when they're released, will cost him $72 base plus $10 for the dealer markup plus another $9 for taxes and licensing. All total that will bring it close to something like $91,000 if it's true.

Gorgon said:
...Nothing in that brochure looked like a $7k upcharge...
not sure about this, but i thought an LS6 crate motor was about $7500. i also thought i read on one of the forums that an LS7 crate would be available for about $15K. now there's a $7500 delta. if you take last years Z06 price at around $53K, the 2LZ option package, polished wheels, and $3-5K for the "Z" stuff (aluminium, titanium, magnesium, carbon fiber, etc), i can't see GM asking anymore than $67500 MSRP (loaded). you can almost bet one thing for sure, the 06Z06 will sticker for less than a viper. dealers may add in the greed factor at first, and some idiots may pay it just for bragging rights, but this won't last. dodge dealers can't unload vipers at invoice. mark my word - $67.5K! dealers can say what they want, but remember they're car dealers and they're trained in lying. nobody knows what the MSRP is - everything is speculation. no flames, just my 2 cents!!!

You are correct Joe that it is all speculation. I was making a comment based on your statement that it would be ~$60k base and ~$67.5k loaded. There can't be a $7500 upcharge for an engine that will be standard on all Z06 vehicles.

Now, that being said, what do we know? The difference in the Z06 packages looks to be very similar to the difference between the 1SA and 1SB packages on the vert. The price difference between them is ~$3k. Keep in mind that XM is offered in 2LZ at no cost. Polished wheel option we can assume to be $1300 a la C6 and then DVD Nav for another $1600, OnStar $700.

Z06 Pricing
Base -> 1LZ
Base + $3000 -> 2LZ
2LZ + Polished Wheels + DVD Nav + OnStar
= Base + $3000 + $1300 + 1600 + 700
= Base + $6600

This isn't as far off as I originally thought your estimate was. You're loaded price may be very close to GM. More fun with numbers. :D Wish they'd just relese the pricing already. ;)

Leon

well, fully loaded 2005 vert is around $65k - so, would expect Z06 to be at least that if not more

Common sense tells us that the Z06 will be more than a conv.==at leasr high 60s for sure!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom