Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FYI...

C4Tom

Corvette
1993 Black & Silver LT1 A4 Coupe
Okay, I got lucky, but just in case some haven't taken the time to check a few things...

I've had my Vette for about 1.5 years now and I've checked, repaired, and upgraded a few parts in that time. Well, I was driving to a computer job around 8 pm, doing 75 mph on the interstate and started feeling a vibration in the car, it wasn't bad, just annoying. It was about 25 degrees out, I wearing dress clothes, and I was on the interstate in heavy traffic nowhere near an off ramp so I kept going at a reduced speed. I looked in the rearview and saw smoke coming from the car! So I pulled over to make an inspection. A flat right rear tire. :cry

I started feeling around the tire for a nail, nothing. I reached in to feel the inner sidewall and it was shredded. I got the lug wrench out and dropped the spare... it was there and in like new condition. :_rock

That made me think... I've never checked it!!!

So, For Your Information: Check your spare tire!!! You really don't want to rely on luck.

C4Tom said:
Okay, I got lucky, but just in case some haven't taken the time to check a few things...

I've had my Vette for about 1.5 years now and I've checked, repaired, and upgraded a few parts in that time. Well, I was driving to a computer job around 8 pm, doing 75 mph on the interstate and started feeling a vibration in the car, it wasn't bad, just annoying. It was about 25 degrees out, I wearing dress clothes, and I was on the interstate in heavy traffic nowhere near an off ramp so I kept going at a reduced speed. I looked in the rearview and saw smoke coming from the car! So I pulled over to make an inspection. A flat right rear tire. :cry

I started feeling around the tire for a nail, nothing. I reached in to feel the inner sidewall and it was shredded. I got the lug wrench out and dropped the spare... it was there and in like new condition. :_rock

That made me think... I've never checked it!!!

So, For Your Information: Check your spare tire!!! You really don't want to rely on luck.

Good advise! I keep a can of fix a flat in the rear bin!

aboatguy said:
Good advise! I keep a can of fix a flat in the rear bin!

Great idea... hows that work on a shredded tire? :D

6 Shooter said:
Ya must be living right! ;)

I like to think I am. :D

It looks like the original spare and the jack was still in the original bag inside the spare. Amazing... 12 years old and like new. I love my Vette! :upthumbs

C4TOM

I dont want to hijack your thread but could you please PM me on the power effects exhaust. How do you like them? Do you think they gave you any increase in power? Do you have any sound clips? I am really interested in how they look and sound. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom