Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Garage door remote

keglered

Corvette
1992 Convertible
I have a 2009 (C6) Corvette with the built in GM garage door remote back in. I cannot get it to learn my Craftsman rolling code garage door opener! Anyone have a solution for this or can I swap the GM remote for a Homelink?

I think that is Homelink. . I remember I had to work on my 007 in order to get it to work, but I did. I'll try to remember what I had to do. My Craftsman opener has always been a PITA to link up.

I think that is Homelink. . I remember I had to work on my 007 in order to get it to work, but I did. I'll try to remember what I had to do. My Craftsman opener has always been a PITA to link up.
According to Homelink it's not their product as Homelink only has one light and this has three so it's a GM Factory remote! Thanks for the encouragement though!

According to my 2007 owners manual there are two systems available. One with 1 light (guessing this is HomeLink) the other system has 3 lights. Here are pages out of my 2007 owners manual on programming the remote with 3 lights

Attachments

• remote programming 1.jpg
    remote programming 1.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 69
  • remote programming 2.jpg
    remote programming 2.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 73
  • remote programming 3.jpg
    remote programming 3.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 74
According to my 2007 owners manual there are two systems available. One with 1 light (guessing this is HomeLink) the other system has 3 lights. Here are pages out of my 2007 owners manual on programming the remote with 3 lights
Thanks! I'm not sure if mine says the same thing but anything is worth a try! Thanks again and I'll let you know if this works!

BTW pretty color on your Vette. Mine is burgundy with a Targa top and my old one was white. It was a 92 and time to trade!

Thanks! I'm not sure if mine says the same thing but anything is worth a try! Thanks again and I'll let you know if this works!
Mine does say the same thing and it still doesn't work! Guess I'll just have to use a Craftsman remote! Thanks for the help!

I'm having the same problem and have done a lot of searching. So the 2009 remote in the visor is made by car2u and does not support the new garage door openers with the security 2.0 protocol. The research I did suggests that you can use a car2u bridge to make it work but that part is no longer available anywhere. I had a 2006 Z06 with the HomeLink version in the visor and it would not work with the security 2.0 either but I was able to buy the HomeLink bridge to get that one to work. At this point the 2009 car2u remote is useless with the new openers. I think I might just use the opener remote that came with the garage door opener. Hope this helps clarify!

Thanks. It's been frustrating and you answer solves the problem! I'll continue to use the Craftsman garage door opener as I enjoy this ride!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom