Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

garage find

hotshotzny

Corvette
bright red 1984 crossfire
so there i was looking on-line for random parts for my 82..you know just in case something breaks, and i see this listing for a 82 corvette, near mint, blah blah blah....not far from where i live, a couple days later after forgetting about it i just out of nowhere look it up again and call the guy, he gives me the same story thats was listed and i just so happen to be going right past the road he lives on, so i take the 5 mile jaunt out of my way, i pull up and i see sitting in the driveway an exact twin to my car, he starts telling me the story ..it was his brothers car, he cant find the title, (the only big problem) his brother died, hes 6'4 and cant get in and out of it so all that it is to him is a pain in the arse... he looks at me and tells me give me $2500.00 and get it out of here if you want it and with all going well he should have a clean title in 10 days... and like i said this car is actually cleaner on the outside than my car with the exception of the pass front fender that his brother parked under a split rail fence one of the only times he even drove it! the interior is hammered compared to mine but mine is also very clean, there are 84,000 miles on it and it runs 100% better than mine did when i picked it up... i need this thing like i need a hole in my head but screw it!

Soooooo, has your original car become the "parts" car now? ;LOL

Old 82 corvette find

This is interesting, as for me, when I first looked for a C-3, I looked at a lot of cars, The beat/bent and the broken and was about to quit when I saw a ad for a 79 with 29K miles on it (this is in 1995) I find this car is just a joke in my mind, But I had some time so I went to look at it. First off it was beige, and it was a nice beige and I looked the paint over for about thirty minutes and it looked not too bad, so I get to talk to the owner and he tells me a story that goes, "I bought the car from Leamens Chevrolet in Moorestown in November 79 for my wife, got it in January 80. And my wife drove it till the summer or fall of 1981 and we parked it out in the shed and I was going to trade it in on a 1982 Cadillac Seville, but when I went to get it the battery was dead. so I was going to get another battery and put it in, but it was the middle of winter, a bad one here on the East Coast and snow was drifted up against the shed door so I put it off and I never got around to it! so it has just sat here since then and I'm sick of having it take up space and so on. . . "

Anyway I'm sitting in my car and I called NJ DOT and ask the nice guy who answered the phone about the car and he tells me Yeah, the car was bought in 79 and licensed in 80, but NO, it hasn't been out of state AND, It hasn't been inspected since 1981? I asked if he was sure, he got Pi&^% and said "Look that's what the computer screen says SOOO !" I said thanks and then went back to the guy and said I wasn't interested for a car like this for ten grand and I'd be will to pay maybe six. I didn't want to insult the guy, I just wanted to get out of there and I turned to leave, made it to my car and left. I'd given the guy my phone number and I gone about thirty miles down RT95 and I get a call and he says, "Ok, get the thing out of my shed" And so I bought a car that had been sitting for thirteen years and YES, it did in fact have just 29K miles on the clock which was working fine when I put in a new battery and some fresh gas and drove the car later. So you can never tell what you'll find when you are looking, or in my case not looking to buy a Corvette! good luck with your vette and sorry for the long story. It is my car in the barn story but true.

Soooooo, has your original car become the "parts" car now? ;LOL

im trying to figure tht out, so far im thinkin about takin the drivers door off the other, putting it on mine, otherwise my cars pretty clean the paint is better all around on the other car but my interior is so much nicer and in all actuality i would say my car was maintained better, but i can still take this one and turn it around for a profit with minimal work

im trying to figure tht out, so far im thinkin about takin the drivers door off the other, putting it on mine,

interesting idea. I wonder though if the paint has faded from sun exposure on either if that would be noticeable on either (both actually) :eyerole

interesting idea. I wonder though if the paint has faded from sun exposure on either if that would be noticeable on either (both actually) :eyerole
i know i thought of that, i wont really know till i get them right side by side to see....what are the odds that they faded just right...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom