Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Floor Plan Sites

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Thought I'd compile a small listing of garage floor plan sites. I figured I may not be able to afford to build one right now, but that doesn't mean I can't plan ahead. :D

http://www.coolhouseplans.com/house...http://www.coolhouseplans.com/housestyle.html

http://www.behmdesign.com/garageplans/default.htm

http://www.houseplanguys.com/garage-plans.php

http://www.garage-plan.com/garage_plans.htm

http://www.b4ubuild.com/plans/garage_plans.shtml

http://www.archwaypress.com/browse.php/ca311db0033aba7c5f6563c8c7253920.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garage Flooring and Cabinetry Sources and Services

http://www.customgarageworks.com/

Im having a very hard time finding building plans for building a garage in the 2200-2500 sq foot range , (something like a 40' x 60', or 50' x 50' ETC.) I need to find plans for a CBS (concrete BLOCK STUCCO ) construction (14 foot minimum wall height to allow a LIFT) and A HIP STYLE ROOF
ANY SUGGESTIONS GENTELMEN??

"What kind of plans do I want? Just concept, or full permit ready, engineered drawings, with material take-offs, etc? "
if I can find something close to what im looking for (ALL THE ABOVE)Im reasonably flexiable here, the LOCAL contractors have not been very helpful in giving me any info at all, they want to build the smaller 3 or 4 car garages most people want that they are more familiar with,I will most likely need to hire the job out to a local contractor, as my expertize is NOT in building buildings
like I stated above, Im looking to basically build a large rectangle garage in the 2300-2500sq ft range,with two 8 ft tall 16 ft wide garage doors and 14 ft high walls and a hip roof, everything else is optional

I don't know if this will help any of you or even if it is considered advertising but at the car show I went to this past Sunday guys where there who designed and layed out garages and did these cool tile floors.

garageconnection.com

idk it might help.

Grump, my (attached) garage is similar to your description - 2550 sq. ft (44' deep x 58' wide) with a 12' ceiling (except for one area that's 16' to handle the cathedral window in front that faces the street), with two 18' x 8' insulated sectional doors, a service door, and a 12/12 hip roof. It's all clear span inside (no walls or columns), which required specially-engineered 62'-long trusses, but the architect and truss engineering outfit made it work. It's 2x6 framed, super-insulated, fully finished inside, with high-lift door tracks and laminated headers over the door openings.

could you post more info? are the engineered / builder plans available? how much? is the basic floor plan available?

Just a 44' x 58' rectangle, with the "step" at the house end poured 60" deep instead of the usual 30"-36"; makes plenty of room for workbenches and stools without stepping up and down all the time. The only "special" item was the 62'-long trusses to get clear span inside with no walls or columns, but I don't have the truss drawings.

:beer

Rob,

Thanks for post the links for building garages, houses and etx. I have spent well over an hour looking at them, very interesting. I have not found the land I am looking for but I am still looking at plans in the mean time. I am wanting to build that 6 to 8 car garage with the smaller house attached.

Thanks again,
Bill

I got asked what compressor I use, well heres a picture, I use twin 7hp/60 gallon compressors feeding a single garage wide run of schedual 80 1/2" PVC piping with brass fittings rated at 660 PSI, yeah! IM well aware you should NEVER USE PVC for air, I used it for 10 PLUS years ,in my old shop, my buddies used it for over 12 years in his shop,and its what Ive installed in the new garage, schedual 80 1/2" PVC piping with brass fittings rated at 660 PSI, if and when I have problems it will be replaced, I fully agree, if you used larger dia,or schedual 40 your just asking for problems
P1000311.JPG

I know a lot of people who use schedule 80 PVC for air lines without any problems at all! How about some detailed pictures of your garage? I plan on setting one up and would like some ideas. I want to put in a stationary air compressor with air stations all over; a ramp type lift, wash bay and would like to get about 6 cars inside and still be able to work on the as needed. I think they even make it designed for compressed air, not sure what the difference is between it and schedule 80 PVC!!! Maybe someone else out there does.

Thanks,
Bill

the LATEST pictures are a couple years old, taken on the first day we had electric as we were just stuffing things in out of the rain on day one, over 1/2 the tools a couple engines and 4 various welders were not off the truck yet
garage25.jpg

garage25.jpg

garage2.jpg

garage10.jpg

garage11.jpg
garage8.jpg

garge15.jpg

garage20.jpg

garage22.jpg

garge21.jpg

P1000311.JPG

a few more pics, its still a total mess while Im in the process of BUILDING and moving in but IM getting there slowly, I get asked this frequently
answer, Im just an old (59) now retired HOTRODDER and mechanical engineer ,whos been building cars and engines, helping my friends on a semi constant basis for well over 40 years, raced a few corvettes, PONTIAC G.T.O.s ,ROAD RUNNERS, CUDAs ,CAMAROS, Ive build or rebuild over a hundred engines, swapped suspensions, and learned on the way.
IVE learned to K.I.S.S. (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)
IVE learned that a FEW QUALITY parts will BEAT lots of junk
IVE learned careful clearancing and attention to details makes a HUGE DIFFERANCE
IVE learned researching and learning from other people mistakes is FAR cheaper and faster than making your own in a car build.
IVE learned to do extensive research BEFORE buying parts
IVE learned NEVER BUY PARTS that you get on (DEALS) if they dont match your goals
Ive learned that building engines for maximum AVERAGE TQ IN the RPM RANGE youll use the car beats building for maximun PEAK hp numbers
IVE learned asking lots of questions is far cheaper than makeing lots of mistakes
IVE learned that a cars performance depends a great deal on its POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.
IVE learned that to have fun,your combo must be BOTH dependable and faster than MOST but not ALL the competition (most guys will never afford the expence in being the fastest car in your area)
IVE learned a CAR that breaks down is a TOTAL P.I.T.A. and RELIEABILITY is VERY IMPORTANT!
and like many of you IM broke most of the time, because of this hobby,but always glad to help out

Last edited:
Awesome, this will give me some ideas. I really appreciate you sending pictures. I have been looking for that right piece of dirt that I want to build on but haven't yet found that piece of property that says "this is it"! I want to take the next couple to five years to get this done so that when I retire I can tinker until I can't move no more!!! I have some rough drawings of what I want; I am thinking an all metal building but with the price of steel I may change my mind!

Thanks again,
Bill

I drew my own on a cheap architectural program by Broderbund. It's called 3D Architect. Takes about 30 minutes to learn. I'd be happy to draw it up for you if you send me your ideas. I just did my 40x 40' connecting my house to my old garage. I'm a builder and subed out all the work. Still ran me $25,000 + but I'm happy with it. My advice is to build it too big. You'll always want more. I wish I had gone deeper. I can fit all 6 cars but it's tight.

PM me or email me and we'll talk about it or exchange phone numbers. a.salvatore@comcast.net
Sal

Im having a very hard time finding building plans for building a garage in the 2200-2500 sq foot range , (something like a 40' x 60', or 50' x 50' ETC.) I need to find plans for a CBS (concrete BLOCK STUCCO ) construction (14 foot minimum wall height to allow a LIFT) and A HIP STYLE ROOF
ANY SUGGESTIONS GENTELMEN??

"What kind of plans do I want? Just concept, or full permit ready, engineered drawings, with material take-offs, etc? "
if I can find something close to what im looking for (ALL THE ABOVE)Im reasonably flexiable here, the LOCAL contractors have not been very helpful in giving me any info at all, they want to build the smaller 3 or 4 car garages most people want that they are more familiar with,I will most likely need to hire the job out to a local contractor, as my expertize is NOT in building buildings
like I stated above, Im looking to basically build a large rectangle garage in the 2300-2500sq ft range,with two 8 ft tall 16 ft wide garage doors and 14 ft high walls and a hip roof, everything else is optional

I drew my own on a cheap architectural program by Broderbund. It's called 3D Architect. Takes about 30 minutes to learn. I'd be happy to draw it up for you if you send me your ideas. I just did my 40x 40' connecting my house to my old garage. I'm a builder and subed out all the work. Still ran me $25,000 + but I'm happy with it. My advice is to build it too big. You'll always want more. I wish I had gone deeper. I can fit all 6 cars but it's tight.

PM me or email me and we'll talk about it or exchange phone numbers. a.salvatore@comcast.net
Sal

Awesome looking garage. . . . . . . . . . :upthumbs

Bill :w

the LATEST pictures are a couple years old, taken on the first day we had electric as we were just stuffing things in out of the rain on day one, over 1/2 the tools a couple engines and 4 various welders were not off the truck yet

garage25.jpg

garage2.jpg

garage10.jpg

garage11.jpg
garage8.jpg

garge15.jpg

garage20.jpg

garage22.jpg

garge21.jpg

P1000311.JPG

a few more pics, its still a total mess while Im in the process of BUILDING and moving in but IM getting there slowly, I get asked this frequently
answer, Im just an old (59) now retired HOTRODDER and mechanical engineer ,whos been building cars and engines, helping my friends on a semi constant basis for well over 40 years, raced a few corvettes, PONTIAC G.T.O.s ,ROAD RUNNERS, CUDAs ,CAMAROS, Ive build or rebuild over a hundred engines, swapped suspensions, and learned on the way.
IVE learned to K.I.S.S. (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)
IVE learned that a FEW QUALITY parts will BEAT lots of junk
IVE learned careful clearancing and attention to details makes a HUGE DIFFERANCE
IVE learned researching and learning from other people mistakes is FAR cheaper and faster than making your own in a car build.
IVE learned to do extensive research BEFORE buying parts
IVE learned NEVER BUY PARTS that you get on (DEALS) if they dont match your goals
Ive learned that building engines for maximum AVERAGE TQ IN the RPM RANGE youll use the car beats building for maximun PEAK hp numbers
IVE learned asking lots of questions is far cheaper than makeing lots of mistakes
IVE learned that a cars performance depends a great deal on its POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO.
IVE learned that to have fun,your combo must be BOTH dependable and faster than MOST but not ALL the competition (most guys will never afford the expence in being the fastest car in your area)
IVE learned a CAR that breaks down is a TOTAL P.I.T.A. and RELIEABILITY is VERY IMPORTANT!
and like many of you IM broke most of the time, because of this hobby,but always glad to help out
GrumpyVette,
That's a nice garage you have there. I live in the newly minted town of Loxahatchee Groves. I am in the process of designing a 40' x 60' CBS garage for my house. If you have time could you please post who you had design/engineer your building? So far I've gotten prices ranging from $900 to $5,000 to draw up the plans. Also any company names that you may have used to put up your building. Tips or things you would do differently next time? Maybe a ballpark figure on cost?
Thanks,
Robert

SEND ME A PRVT MESSAGE AND WE CAN ARRANGE TO MEET, LOOK OVER MY GARAGE AND DISCUSS DETAILS

heres a link, with a great deal more info, Ive had the 36 ft x 75 ft and 16 ft tall walls ,shop built for a about 5 -6 years now, but I noticed theres no info in the thread that I previously posted

http://forum.grumpysperformance.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=116

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom