Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage Flooring

LIRacer

Corvette
65 with ZZ502
I just finished instaling a lift. Being that I do things Bass Ackwards, Ive decided to epoxy or paint or tile the floors. Does anyone have any experince to share?

Matchframe sure did a great job on his garage floor. You can see it in his avatar.

I will toss this thread over in the Corvette garage/stables section where there has been prior discussion on floors. Maybe somebody can chime in.

Go Epoxy!

LIBoater,

I would recommend using epoxy paint. I painted the Vette side of my garage with epoxy, and my daily driver side of the garage with paint that is sold for garage floors. The daily side is peeling real bad, and shows alot of wear. The Vette side, where I do all of my work, shows very little wear. Both sides were painted within days of each other.

I do not have any experience with tile, but have heard that using floor jacks and other heavy equipment will crack the tile.

Hope this helps!

Bill

I used epoxy garage floor coating on my outside covered and screened back porch. It hasn't been down more then a few months but looks great. I put the skid stuff(sand) in it also just to make sure it wasn't slippery when wet.

I had used concrete stain a few years prior but it didn't hold up too well. Make sure you pressure wash the floor and let it dry good before application. I acid cleaned mine and then pressure washed it with water and Dawn dishwashing soap.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom