Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Garage heater

I bought the same kerosene heater 2 years ago and am very satisfied with it. I usually work in the garage in the evening for 2-3 hours tops. It heats up pretty fast and I have seen no problem with fumes since my gargae is far from airtight.

I live a little further downstate in NY than you do and it provides sufficent heat to make it comfortable to work in the garage during the winter in NY.

garage heater

We are in Ontario Canada with my specialty in the natural and propane industry. It is illegal and dangerous to heat your garage or house for that matter with an unvented heater. Guys, I strongly disagree with using the propane heaters especially those known as Mr. Heater as sold in big box stores as they do heat but all the products of combustion especially carbon monoxide stay inside and can do serious harm in concentration. Case in point Vitus Garalitis the tennis player . These heaters were designed for open tents,huts or buildings under construction. Enough of the nagging. You want a heater then install a compact low intensity Schwank or Easy Radiant tube heater. Armstrong or Lennox have compact 30 or 45000 btu unit heaters and both styles have electronic ignition and will exhaust the products of combustion and will meet state laws. If you don't like them afterwards then just put them on the open market . I promise a waiting list. I just want you guys to play it safe as we want to hear from all of you next year.
Thx for listening
s104860:beer

I strongly agree with the previous post by s104860. I have heated my garage with the type of kerosene heater shown and I have worked construction jobs with all kinds of unvented heaters. There is definitely an odor given off, but, it's the stuff you can't smell that is really dangerous, like carbon monoxide. After experiencing all the effects of those heaters I finaly chose to heat my garage with a forced hot water ceiling hung heater that runs off of my boiler. No fumes and nice heat, you do have to run antifreeze in the system though to protect from freezing. It works like a charm, has a fan in it to ditribute the heat.

Northern Tool Co.

I bought one of those ceiling mounted electric heaters for my double car garage. I don't remember it costing more than a couple hundred bucks.

Needs to be wired to 220.

Works fine. Have used it for all winter everyday heating and now just using it when I am out in the garage working on the '79 or my truck. Keeps garage about 65 degress when the outside temp is below 10 degress and room temp 70 degress when outside temp is above freezing. All the walls and ceilings are insulated and sheetrocked. My garage is 20' x 20'.

Being electric is seems to cost me about $1 a day to run during the winter months. There is a thermostat adjustment knob on the to control temp. although not digital so not real exact.

Have had it now for two years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom