Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

gas prices

EDDYVETTER

Corvette
73 Black coupe<>85 black coupe <>2002 black Z06
Join the resistance!!!!

We are approaching $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Do you want

gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united

action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"

campaign that was going around last year!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't

continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It ! was more of an

inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought

of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read

it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super

cheap. It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded.

Now that the oil companies have conditioned us to think that the cost of

a gallon of gas is CHEAP, at $1.50-$1.75, we need to

take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not the sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to

take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down

is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we

CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two

biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not

selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices,

the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally million! s of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to

reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to

at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten

more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the

sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,

then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level

further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON'T purchase ANY gasoline

from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all!

If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to

do is send this to 10 people.... well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.

But I am... so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten

more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could

conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't

think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can

make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO

THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS COULD REALLY WORK.

PASS IT ON, PLEASE! This is not meant to be a spam. but gas prices are out of hand. And i thought i would just share this with all you .I enjoy driving my vette. I don't like spending a weeks wages doing it.

No one is pleased with fuel prices. We all see them escalate, as noted in your letter. Not to dampen your spirit, there is more to fuel prices then simply starting a "boycott" of Exxon / Mobil and their petroleum products at the pumps.

Good luck!

Avoiding Exxon and Mobil won't be hard for me.... it is hard to even find an exxon. on top of that, Mobil doesn't exist in this town:(

I have my doubts if this will work, however I don't mind giving it a shot. Good Luck

klb

Well its $2.19 for Premium in Vegas, and Boycotting certain Oil companys wont do diddly Squat, except possible make yourself feel that you are contributing to the fact.Oil prices are strategically formatted, If ya watch the Markets Like I do, Ya would of know the price was going to escalate 8 months ago, It has a little to do with A little Possible War coming up, And Them Oil company names that are out in front of your local Gas stations, dont think that just because Exxon or Mobile ,etc name is not on the property does not necessarily mean that these companys are not contributing to there supply. Bottom word is if ya are Irritaed at these Oil Companys making a Killing int he $$$ world, Follow there lead, Invest and take some of that money for yourself, The heating oil Bizz Hit hard in the East this year also using up some stock piles, It was a good investment.So Instead of Not Buying the Gas, (because they all know we HAVE/NEED the supply),Take a little of the profits for yourself,Investigate and invest, Or maybe just Drive a Hybrid vehicle that goes a whopping 60mph, But Guarranteed a Boycott will not do squat,Sorry!!..........Heres another word for thought, we all complain about the price of a gallon of gasoline, heck look at all the refining and production costs and so forth that goes into the final production of that fuel, Shipping/storage etc,And now look at this, Most of us dont even Hesitate to pay $2 or more for a BOTTLE of bottled WATER, GO FIGURE, Pretty Funny Hey,But very True. Think about It.Happy Motoring:beer

I personally have tried to slow my driving down in my commuter
car and make less trips. I'll soon consider ride-sharing to work.

I have an idea:

Leave Saddam in power.
Wait until he picks on his oil-rich neighbors again
Keep waiting until they have no choice but to surrender or ask us for help.
Go in with the understanding that, upon routing the bad guy, we would take control of a certain percentage of the oil fields. (We should have done this ten years ago.)

Okay, so the plan is a bit simplistic, but oh well....

Not to get too political, but the strike in Argentina has a lot to do with fuel prices as does refinery capacity. Right now, the refineries are at about 97 to 98% capacity and they have to refine many different types of "boutique" fuels as different areas of the country (states, counties, etc) require specific formulations. No new refineries are being built due to stringent permitting laws and lack of suitable sites. All of these contribute as well as the unrest in the Mid-East.

I saw another idea out there that I find to be patriotic. It suggested buying gas only from those corporations that do not import oil from the Mid-East. These include Texaco, Conoco, Citgo, BP/Phillips, Sinclair, and Hess. I would participate, however, in Northern CA, none of these exist. One could argue that if more people did get their gas from these companies, then that would increase the need for more drilling in the U.S and the pressure to drill in ANWAR. However, it should be noted that of all the U.S. parks and reserves that have oil in them, ANWAR is the only one in which we do not currently drill.

You should decide what is right for you.

I'm sorry, it should be ANWR (Artic National Wildlife Refuge) not ANWAR--that was Saddat's first name.

Us Folks in europe been paying better than $4.00 a gallon for the last 10 years. de gob-er-ment tells us it be ok. We be too stupid to trow out dem politicans so we git to pay mo.

The thing I miss most about America is the fact that the people run the country. This is not true in Europe. Over here the people never stand up to the politicians. (England excluded) You guys want to keep the price of gas down, put some politicians on unemployment!

Gas is expensive...no question, although here where I live premium is around $1.67 a gal. Things will get better, we just have to give them a little time. I have seen that boycott ad before and you know, I still see people at those stations. I was just thinking about it this morning "we the people" can make government do what we want, we just need to all stick together. I'll go with request. I wonder what would actually happen if nobody bought gas there! We'll see.:)

All we can do is wait and see.........The price of Vette gas here in Tennessee....$ 1.78 a gallon.......Top two around here are Phillips 66 and Amoco......:pat

Here in Canada we are already paying 89.5 cents CDN per litre. That translates to very close to $2.43 US per US gallon.

Safety

Here in Santa Rosa, CA, we have just broken the $2 barrier for the cheap stuff! Premium is around $2.20! Good thing I walk to work most days.

UK fuel prices

I know a lot of people think the UK is full of moaners (it is!) but I think I know why - our gas is about £3.46 a gallon or about $5.45.

Pretty soon i'll have to put an egg on the throttle and switch it off going downhill.

Or there's the fun way - every time I hit the gas on my Callaway it'll cost me a $ or two - cheap thrills in the scheme of things.

Malc

Ha!Ya my sentiments exactly,Thats why I feel Us here in the Great US of A shouldn't complain one bit. Its part of the Tuition, So To Speak!!:beer

Let's face it. Were in an expensive hobby but I don't think anyone of us would trade our Corvette's for something else less expensive to drive or work on. We adjust and sacrifice in other areas. For me, maybe I buy fewer cigars or eat a little more of my wife's cooking. " Mmm, tastes great dear." Man I'm looking forward to that drive in the vette on Saturday. Yikes! Well maybe I don't got that far.

:L

Dave

Hello Safety Match! Work for Eddy by the way? Good to see a fellow Canuck, my 88 looks same as yours, lots of fun. I go out there for salmon fishing in Cambell River every so often, beutiful part of the Country and nicely distant from Quebec. Gas here at about 80.1/litre, not as bad as you guys yet but it's coming. We have had the same campaign going here but it means not buying from Esso or Petro-Canada. I think an organized boycott could put some pressure on. I'm supportive of the USA myself and unlike so many dumb/french Canadians I realize that if it were not for the intimidating nieghbor to the south we would likely be invaded by France. I just hope the war is not just about oil and being manipulated to drive up prices! At least you guys didn't buy into that Kyoto scam... RJS:pat :beer :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom