Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Gasoline and your Corvette ?

Gas testing

I received my ethanol test kit the other day and went out and tested regular gas from 5 different stations here in Central Virginia and found the following results;

Sheetz 10%
Shell 10%
BP 10%
Exxon 9-10% (Very slightly under 10%, tested twice)
Lowest Price (A local no brand station) 10%

It looks like all is well for what is advertised.

Keep 'em rollin' :W

Bill :w

Ethanol percent

This past week has been interesting when it comes to the continuing saga of Ethanol. I purchased a test kit to determine the percent of Ethanol in the gas so I went to five different stations, and Exxon, Shell, BP, Sheetz and "No Brand" named 'Lowest Price' and gave them all a test.

The results were four stations at exactly 10% Ethanol with Exxon just a tiny bit under 10%, (I tested it twice to be sure and for you chemistry fans out there the bottom of the meniscus was in the same place both times).

I also came across a web site that lists gas stations by state, that sell Non-ethanol gas, check it out at;
www.pure-gas.org

I found a station selling Non-ethanol fuel, "Coastal Gas", (25 miles from the house), and filled up my Silverado and Corvette. Each vehicle has picked up 2-3 mpg with the good stuff and they both idle more smoothly as well.

I will be sure to keep the Non-ethanol gas in the Vette over the winter when it sits more often than driven so as not to worry about the water absorption situation.

BTW, my line trimmers and brush cutter work a lot better with the Non-ethanol gas as well.

Keep 'em rollin' :W

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Bill :w

Thanks for the website. There is a pure gas Pure station close to my home.:BOW

Where I live Petro Canada is the only gas vendor in my area that sells 94 octane fuel. Sunoco does as well but they are slowly being converted to Petro Canada Stations.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom