Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gear ratio in '96

FB REF

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Electron Blue
I am looking at a '96 LT4, and the current owner has put 4:10 gears in. What is the factory-installed ratio? What is the advantage of 4:10 gears over the factory gears? TIA

3:45's from the factory. 4:10's are the hot setup and (aside from longtubes) will be my next mod. They say it's the best bang for the buck mod you can do...They are a lower ratio therefore you will be shifting sooner and will probably see a reduced MPG. The advantages being quicker 0-60 & 1/4 mi. times. With 6th being such a tall gear, even w/ 4:10's you can get pretty good highway mileage.

4:10's would be a plus for me BUT for some maybe not. Try and drive both and compare...

BTW...That's about a $1000 mod.

Also, the LT4 is a great choice, you will love it!

JEFNLSA said:
3:45's from the factory. 4:10's are the hot setup and (aside from longtubes) will be my next mod. They say it's the best bang for the buck mod you can do...They are a lower ratio therefore you will be shifting sooner and will probably see a reduced MPG. The advantages being quicker 0-60 & 1/4 mi. times. With 6th being such a tall gear, even w/ 4:10's you can get pretty good highway mileage.

4:10's would be a plus for me BUT for some maybe not. Try and drive both and compare...

BTW...That's about a $1000 mod.

Also, the LT4 is a great choice, you will love it!
Thanks. This LT4 is going to be used for NCCC sanctioned autocrossing, so it sounds like a good setup.

FB REF said:
Thanks. This LT4 is going to be used for NCCC sanctioned autocrossing, so it sounds like a good setup.

I'm assuming you're going to run in group II then.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom