Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gears

U

UB2 SLOW

How do I know if I have Dana 36 or Dana 44 gears? I am going to upgrade from 3:07 to 3:73. Will they fit into my housing or do I need to buy a new one? Is this something I can do in my driveway?:confused :confused

If you have the 3.07's you should have the Dana 44... (Assuming the 3.07's came from the factory)... I wouldn't recommend doing the gears yourself unless you know what you are doing... If they aren't set up correctly, you can easily crack a tooth on the gears and end up with a repair bill far worse than the bill to have a professional do the job...

Gears?

Thanks, that helps. I will be placeing the order tonight.:)

Uhhh... you have 3.07 gears. Then I'll assume this is an auto trans? If that's the case then you would have the G92 performance option. I thought that was just 3.07 instead of 2.59 gears. But still using the Dana 36 rear end?? After all it was only a $50 upgrade... 6-speed came with 3.45 and the Dana 44.

So assuming you have an auto with 3.07 then you have a Dana 36 and yes you can put 3.54 ot 3.73 gears in it. And, no, don't do it in your driveway unless you've done this before. As Vettelt193 noted. You could easily do more harm than good. Pay a pro to do it and do it right the first time.

Graham

I bought it used. I would rather have had a 6 speed, but the car was in outstanding shape and the price was good.

I am pretty sure the performance axle option, with the 3.07 gears comes with the dana 44... this is why everyone calls it one of the best options... who wouldn't want to pay the 50 bucks for a rear end that is a word better?... I don't have my blackbook with me now, I will have to look it up later... maybe someone else knows for sure though

I have two option codes. One is G92 and the other is G44. Does this help.

Bob,
If the 3.07 meant you also got the D44 thrown in, for $50, that definetely would be one of the best options that I know of. Today for $50 you get the extra paper floor mats :( :L

ub2, G44 means 3.07 and G92 means performance axle, which is 3.07. confusing no? i have option letters on mine that are confusing too. it's not just the gear package...

Graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom