Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GF90 FUEL FILTER

jimbo64

Corvette
1964 RED CONVERTIBLE
Was looking through the vendor catalogs and websites for GF90 fuel filter for my 1964 327/300 and found them in the range from $42. to $72.
A bit pricey for a fuel filter but who knows. Anyway found a website called
AC-Direct.com that is showing the GF90 fuel filter for $12.61. Has anyone ever had any buying experience with this outfit. They didn't show a pic of the
filter, mine is currently black with the white silk screening on it. Their code number is 5650677. Thanks Jim

I believe the current replacement filter AC Delco sells is a bit larger in diameter and is unfunished metal in color. If I remember correctly, it won't fit into the stock fuel filter retaining clamp.

I believe the current replacement filter AC Delco sells is a bit larger in diameter and is unfunished metal in color. If I remember correctly, it won't fit into the stock fuel filter retaining clamp.

That's correct - it's a "functional replacement", and it comes with its own clamp (not chrome) to accommodate its slightly larger diameter.

:beer

thanks guys for the quick response. Guess this is not the way to go and so I guess I'll try and order the one that fits the current bracket. Where do you all get the right one from? thanks Jim

thanks guys for the quick response. Guess this is not the way to go and so I guess I'll try and order the one that fits the current bracket. Where do you all get the right one from? thanks Jim
corvette carlisle but you better have a lot of $$$$ in your wallet. you can thank NCRS for these crazy prices for parts for your vintage corvette as there are very rich people who "JUST HAVE TO HAVE A OLD CORVETTE" so the suppliers of these parts know there are people out there willing to pay these very high prices.

not NCRS fault - it is people who have NO CLUE and bid "crap" up to high prices such as what happens on eBabe! the majority of the crap that is listed as NOS, is in fact NORS. most NOS parts are LONG GONE!

Jim,
It shows in Section 22 as:

40A Black fuel filter-GF90, Silk screened, 1963-65, $40.00

I do not know what the shipping would be.

Jim,
It shows in Section 22 as:

40A Black fuel filter-GF90, Silk screened, 1963-65, $40.00

I do not know what the shipping would be.
Thanks Paul---got response from AC Delco today with a picture and it doesn't look like mine so I'd guess its the wrong one that everyone else is describing.
Jim

Sorry about that. I thought LIC set the standard for originality.
Paul-you are correct-reply was from ac-delco [which showed unpainted filter] not LIC. My wording was a little confusing when I reread It. I'll probably order from LIC as I have before. Always was happy with the things that I recieved from them. Again thanks ---------------Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom