Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Give Me Fuel, Give Me Fire, Give Me That Which I Desire...

Wow, that's some power through an automatic! Is the exhaust still the Z5G/Callaway one? And is that a battery tender cable dangling from the gill?

U-HAUL???
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ICE BOX?

I figured that the $50.00/day rental for the U-Haul trailer was better than the extra $75.00/per tank of gas I would have spent hauling the ice box :(

Plus, the open trailer, I could haul a bit faster :D :lou

Wow, that's some power through an automatic! Is the exhaust still the Z5G/Callaway one? And is that a battery tender cable dangling from the gill?

Yeah, I am sure there is more loss of power dynoing a car with an automatic vs. a manual trans.

The exhaust is through a set of mufflers, maybe walkers >> ??? ;shrug The pipes are the same arrangement as the Callaway exhaust, but are a true 2.5" w/ mandrel bends :cool

Yes, battery tender lead is present. For long term, I would have found a different way. On a black car, it isn't as bad as it would be on a lighter colored one :W

I figured that the $50.00/day rental for the U-Haul trailer was better than the extra $75.00/per tank of gas I would have spent hauling the ice box :(

Plus, the open trailer, I could haul a bit faster :D :lou
I guess, I just didn't think about there being much differace in gas mileage pulling the Icebox over the U-HAUL.
My fuel mileage pulling has been about 10-11 miles per gallon, 13-14 not pulling any thing.
;shrug

I guess, I just didn't think about there being much differace in gas mileage pulling the Icebox over the U-HAUL.
My fuel mileage pulling has been about 10-11 miles per gallon, 13-14 not pulling any thing.
;shrug

...I went through gas like it was going out of style the other night, pulling the Callaway Cars trailer. It didn't make sense, why the last 1/4 tank of gas went down in minutes. I had driven the truck before and it wasn't like that :W

Come to find out, someone had been making some changes :ugh 3-5mpg x 24 gal. tank = :eek:hnoes

...I went through gas like it was going out of style the other night, pulling the Callaway Cars trailer. It didn't make sense, why the last 1/4 tank of gas went down in minutes. I had driven the truck before and it wasn't like that :W

Come to find out, someone had been making some changes :ugh 3-5mpg x 24 gal. tank = :eek:hnoes

YOUR NOT DRIVING IN LOW RANGE ARE YOU!!!
MY OLD TRUCK PULLING A 36 FOOT FITHWHEEL RV INTO A HEADWIND ALL DAY GOT 7MPG.
WHAT CHANGES WERE DONE TO YOUR TRUCK?
;shrug

Good luck with the sale. I hope it brings more than you were asking for it. Maybe it will migrate to Texas!:D

there is a maroon 1987 on the auction list.

I did not see yours

*EDIT* after a second look I saw it, but it does not have the Callaway description like the maroon has *EDIT*

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom