Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glass cleaner

C

CharlesBrown

Just about anything will work to get the glass clean. The issue is drying. Most commonly used rags, paper towels etc. will leave a residue on the glass and that’s what streaks it. (Note the "pros" use a rubber squeegee, somewhat impractical, however, for your car windows.) Try newsprint! Won't leave streaks. It's cheap, but you might want to wear gloves. Seems the ink will come off on your fingers, but not on the glass.

I've heard a lot about using newspaper but never understood what makes it better? I use Stoner's Invisible Glass too but I spray it on a microfiber towel and buff it into the glass like a polish. Then I flip the towel over to wipe dry.

I may try newspaper on my daily driver as a test. Is there a specific method used?

Try the little cloth from SouthernCarParts. I hate doing windows and I am not very successful cleaning with some streaks. All you do with the cloth is wet it and wring it dry. Then wipe the windows. I have used Invisible Glass (I have some at home) with some success but nothing is as simple and effective as this cloth.

It absolutely works as advertised. Many people buy more to use in the house.:thumb

U got the '''product name?''' I ck'd with the local auto and they weren't aware of it.

West Pa. Windshields are always a problem especially when they sit outside over night. Couple mornings lately it is like cream of wheat. Just smears. Finally with the washer it disappears. Some mornings while the glass is wet it will clean ok.

Maybe some nights when the cow jumps over the moon it has an udder leak. Udderly disgusting.

Try the little cloth from SouthernCarParts. I hate doing windows and I am not very successful cleaning with some streaks. All you do with the cloth is wet it and wring it dry. Then wipe the windows. I have used Invisible Glass (I have some at home) with some success but nothing is as simple and effective as this cloth.

It absolutely works as advertised. Many people buy more to use in the house.:thumb

I've heard a lot about using newspaper but never understood what makes it better? I use Stoner's Invisible Glass too but I spray it on a microfiber towel and buff it into the glass like a polish. Then I flip the towel over to wipe dry.

I may try newspaper on my daily driver as a test. Is there a specific method used?

I think it has something to do with the oil in the print. Whatever it does, I can't find anything that gets my windows cleaner than newsprint.

I just take about 2 full pages, wad it up and wipe off some cleaner. Stoners is good, but distilled water works almost as well.

U got the '''product name?''' I ck'd with the local auto and they weren't aware of it.

West Pa. Windshields are always a problem especially when they sit outside over night. Couple mornings lately it is like cream of wheat. Just smears. Finally with the washer it disappears. Some mornings while the glass is wet it will clean ok.

Maybe some nights when the cow jumps over the moon it has an udder leak. Udderly disgusting.

Here you go...

http://www.southerncarparts.com/ultimate-cloth-p-712.html

Several of us purchased the same cloth from Corsa while at Cruise Fest 08 in Cleveland. Works just as advertised. Cleans the film off my windshields and mirrors easily.
Barrett

I hate doing glass but this is so easy and works so well that I don't mind it any more.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom