Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glove box dumping

J

jrprich

OK, I know this is a trivial issue.........but it annoys the H*** out of me every time I open the glove box it dumps everything in there out on the floor........:banghead

Yes I checked the door alignment, it is not sagging. And there is very little in there since the C5 has such abundant storage in the cockpit area
ack2.gif
biggrin5.gif

Before I go to finding a solution I thought I would ask and see if someone already figured one out.
willy_nilly.gif

So has anyone found a solution to the dumping door glove box in the C5s ??

Seems adding a lip of some sort to the front edge of the door would serve to "catch" the stuff as the door opens.......perhaps a wave shaped weatherstrip

Thanks in advance,

Jim

99 Coupe

The C5 has a glove box? I know there is a little storage compartment on the passenger side for the car manual, registration and insurance card. Is that what you are talking about?

I only keep the manual case with insurance and registration information in there. No room for anything else.

Now you know why MsSchroder kept the Glock under the seat! :rotfl

Mine does not dump but I only have the manual and a couple of things in it...

Hmmm....no dumpage here either. I have lots of papers (insurance, registration, tire warranty, etc. etc. etc.) in there.

Signed,
98 Convertible

MM-C5 said:
Now you know why MsSchroder kept the Glock under the seat! :rotfl

Yep, no room in the glovebox for the Glock. There was barely enough room for a couple of spare tampons, and they spilled out a few times too. ;LOL

I know, TMI. Sorry ... :gap

MsSchroder said:
Yep, no room in the glovebox for the Glock. There was barely enough room for a couple of spare tampons, and they spilled out a few times too. ;LOL

I know, TMI. Sorry ... :gap
Maybe, but who ever was in the passenger seat must have had an interesting expression. MAFO!:rotfl

MsSchroder said:
There was barely enough room for a couple of spare tampons

I thought that's what the console is for. There sure isn't room for anything else in there! :rotfl

U.P. John said:
Miss Manners Corvette Etiquette:

Condoms and glock clips in the console

Tampons and a map in the glovebox

Serve on the left

Remove on the right

:D
:rotfl

U.P. John said:
Miss Manners Corvette Etiquette:

Condoms and glock clips in the console

Kind of HOT in the console for clips ;)

frty9r said:
I only keep the manual case with insurance and registration information in there. No room for anything else.

Ditto for me!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom