Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Approved Modification?

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Must be stolen. I prefer to remove my roof panel the old fashion way.

Thats what happens when a rich kid doesn't have to work for his stuff.

Damn.... :ugh

-Mac

These guys knew what they were doing.... The roof delaminated and decided to make a game out it... so they got the camera out and filmed it...

The dealer later installed a new roof.

These guys knew what they were doing.... The roof delaminated and decided to make a game out it... so they got the camera out and filmed it...

Yea I guess its easy to call someone an idiot when you don't know the whole story huh?

I find it hilarious. GM puts out a car that the top flies off of...the other Vette owners get ****ed when the pull the loose top off.

I'll bet you'd have been more ****ed if that top flew off and hit your car if you were driving behind him.

Nice sounding Ferrari's BTW. :beer

Most of us would have removed the entire targa top and stowed it in the back...

Most of us would have removed the entire targa top and stowed it in the back...

Yeah, well I'd like to see ya remove the "targa top" on a Z06 - they don't have one!! But instead of lambasting you - I'll simply say you are to poorly informed to be providing advice.

Yeah, well I'd like to see ya remove the "targa top" on a Z06 - they don't have one!! But instead of lambasting you - I'll simply say you are to poorly informed to be providing advice.

I did not see that it was a Z06. As a Z06 owner, I am well aware that the roof does not come off. I provided no advice, just an opinion. I see no reason for the attitude, either.

I did not see that it was a Z06. As a Z06 owner, I am well aware that the roof does not come off. I provided no advice, just an opinion. I see no reason for the attitude, either.

Sorry, thought I was so much softer than the others, calling the guy a jerk and all. Didn't mean to be too snarky - but the front scoop was clearly visible and I guessed that it was noticeable -

Thank you. I certainly see your point about calling the guy an idiot or similar names. He may have had little choice but to remove the panel as he did.

What got to me in that video was how much fun they seemed to be having while doing it. If it had been my car, I would not have been laughing about it. But that's just me...

Gosh I feel bad for that Corvette!

Sorry, thought I was so much softer than the others, calling the guy a jerk and all. Didn't mean to be too snarky - but the front scoop was clearly visible and I guessed that it was noticeable -

Part of it is my fault because of how I worded the original post in this thread. :eyerole

Didnt the "Delamination" issue apply to NON Z-06s? Suchs as the C6s with the the clear roof that came off of the metal frame.

And as for calling the the guy an idiot , well If the roof was starting to come off, you dont have to pull over on the side of the road and make a specticle of yourself for public display.

The amount of effort he used to tear off the roof made look like he could have driven much further, like to a dealer to get it fixed.

Guess I am just jealous I dont have a 70K car when I can lay on my back and kick off the roof panel.

Didnt the "Delamination" issue apply to NON Z-06s? Suchs as the C6s with the the clear roof that came off of the metal frame.

And as for calling the the guy an idiot , well If the roof was starting to come off, you dont have to pull over on the side of the road and make a specticle of yourself for public display.

The amount of effort he used to tear off the roof made look like he could have driven much further, like to a dealer to get it fixed.

Guess I am just jealous I dont have a 70K car when I can lay on my back and kick off the roof panel.
I was thinking the same thing. If you have an issue woth the roof go to the dealer a little bit of flapping and wind roar would not kill.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom