Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM C5 Z06 bra, anyone seen? Used

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
Here is the issue, if you have ever seen one they are a nightmare compared to the standard GM C5 bra

They have six openings on the front four of these openings, the two screens and the turn signal lights have eight tabs which are to be inserted each time you install the bra between the top/bottom edges of the lights and screens. Believe me this is a real pain.

Now my question, just what function do the screened vents serve on the Z06? I know they probably allow more air, but in normal everyday driving is this necessary?

The standard C5 bra does not have tabs or openings, clear plastic instead an will come off/on in just a couple of minutes.

I only want to use one, a bra for road trips and not everyday use, so if I purchase a standard C5 bra, should I maybe expect heating problems?

I have opted to replace the Z06 bra (ths is the GM stock Z06 bra)with a standrad C5 bra, I have already ordered it. Here are a couple of pictures of a portion of the Z06 bra which show what I did not like about it. I only wanted a bra for limited use, extended road trips as I do not want one for everyday use. I wanted a quick on/off bra assembly, which the Z06 is not (not to mention my drivers side screen is dorked up on the top now) and believe me much care was taken when doing the first install, but the small screen connections at the back of the assembly still broke.

Note the tabs which must be inserted between the body and the turn signals and the screen assemblies.
Z06BraTabs2.jpg

Tabs before being pushed in.
Z06BraTabs4.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom