Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM has the best month of the major players...

catbert

Corvette
Night Race blue C7
That means they had the smallest loss, month,year over month,year (Dec.), of the majors. The numbers:

Chrysler -53%
Toyota -37%
Honda -35%
Ford -32%
GM & Nissan - 31%

Pretty dismal numbers all around, but I'm glad GM didn't get skunked.

And, for only the second time ever, Toyota shut down all production in Japan due to massive sales losses. The first shutdown was for only one day. This time will likely be much longer.

And, for only the second time ever, Toyota shut down all production in Japan due to massive sales losses. The first shutdown was for only one day. This time will likely be much longer.

11 days minimum....half a production month. Lexus sales are especially critical to the corporation, and they aren't doing well at all.

Well I have been hard on GM's executives of late, but if you look at exactly what is offered to the public as far a choices in Automobiles, General Motors has some really good models for sale. Much better than Ford and light years ahead of Chrysler. If you get a chance to read Consumer Reports magazine this month, ( And Consumer Reports has never been kind to the big 3) has an article with some really optimistic out look for General Motors as far as desirable and customer high value models up for sale.

Ford has some as well, but the CR report for Chrysler wasn't so good. they noted the Chrysler styling was good, but the actual models were poor. CR noted that GM and Ford have good long range plans, but again Chrysler ran a dismal last. It's the first time I can remember Consumer Reports endorse any domestic auto makers line ups. So perhaps there is some reason for optimism for 2009/10

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom