Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM issues shares worth $24.5 million to executives

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
DETROIT (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Co. is giving 12 top executives share equivalents worth an estimated total of $24.5 million that could be exercised once the company goes public.

GM issued 184,255 salary stock units and 71,155 restricted stock units executives can exercise if they hit certain performance targets, the automaker said Monday in U.S. regulatory filings. Each unit represents one share of stock, and if GM stock hasn't been trading for six months, the executives will receive cash.

CEO Ed Whitacre wants GM shares to trade by the fourth quarter, and company and U.S. Treasury officials have been meeting with investment bankers in recent weeks to select one to manage the initial public offering, people familiar with the matters have said. The automaker is 61 percent owned by the United States.

“This is probably 100 percent related to their run up to an IPO,” said Joe Phillippi, president of AutoTrends Consulting. “It's probably one more step in preparation to go public.”

A stock sale may not be held until next year, CFO Chris Liddell said last month.

The company's equity should be worth $70 billion, according to a May 20 report by Eric Selle, a JPMorgan Chase & Co. debt analyst who projects a return of 47 cents on the dollar for holders of bonds issued by GM's predecessor, General Motors Corp., that will be converted to stock and warrants in new GM.

At current bond prices, GM's implied equity value is about $48 billion. Assuming 500 million shares, the value would be about $96 a share.

Whitacre's stock

At that price, Whitacre's 24,547 salary stock units would be worth $2.36 million. A third of Whitacre's shares can be exercised each year beginning March 31, 2011, the filing said. Whitacre also gets a $1.7 million annual cash salary.

Liddell gets a salary of $750,000. His first group of salary stock shares would be worth $1.53 million, based on a share price of $96. Vice Chairman Steve Girsky gets a salary of $500,000 a year. The 18,063 salary stock shares he will be issued would be worth $1.73 million at Monday's estimated value.

Automotive News

So they cry and get our tax dollars and now they want to compensate their executives with millions of dollars?

Tell me again why I should ever buy a GM product again? :eyerole

GM has payed back all their Government bailout loans three years early.
Buy what ever you want!
In the late 70's and early 80's the Government bailed out a US auto maker and was repayed early also!

Really? Other than the loans it paid back from the 52 billion in TARP funds?

Yep, that's what I was going to say.

They basically lied about paying the money back. And for them to go on TV talking about how they paid the money back early was just plain disgusting.

Nobody lies on TV, nobody .:eyerole

You know, you sure love drinking the GM koolaide, you defend them no matter what. They've already robbed us and you defend them. If they started murdering people, would you defend them as well?

Is there no limit to your brand loyalty? :eyerole

You know, you sure love drinking the GM koolaide, you defend them no matter what. They've already robbed us and you defend them. If they started murdering people, would you defend them as well?

Surprise :)My 08 is For Sale and the replacement WON'T be a GM product .Got screwed on a warranty item .:mad
All the rest of my vehicles are Fords :D if Ford screws me I'll move on .

Oh ,the Corvette replacement won't be a Ford either ;)

Edmond, have you lost your appreciation for "tongue-in-cheek" comments? I read and re-read the thread to be sure and it was clear to me that you & vett boy are both on the same side of this issue. Save the koolade, robbery and murder talk for the Edge, bro.

-Mac

Edmond, have you lost your appreciation for "tongue-in-cheek" comments? I read and re-read the thread to be sure and it was clear to me that you & vett boy are both on the same side of this issue. Save the koolade, robbery and murder talk for the Edge, bro.

-Mac
Mac ,I've been stationed in Ft Sill and the summer heat gets to some people .He's probibly a little stressed ;LOL

General Motors stock payoff magic !

"GM has payed back all their Government bailout loans three years early.
Buy what ever you want! In the late 70's and early 80's the Government bailed out a US auto maker and was repayed early also!"

"We have repaid our government loans in full — with interest — five years ahead of the original schedule," says Ed Whitacre, chairman and CEO of General Motors Company, asking Americans to give the bankrupt company another look.
But a top Senate Republican has accused GM of misleading taxpayers about the repayment, saying the struggling auto giant was able to repay a $6.7 billion bailout loan only by using other bailout funds in a special escrow account.

John, GM simply took 6.9 billion out of it's 12.4 Billion escrow account, and paid off the 'Loan' portion of it's debt package. In as much as this is nothing more than taking $5.00 out of you left pants pocket, and putting it into your right pants pocket. It was a terrible idea to make a commercial out of the fact. But if it makes Ed Whitacre feel any better, that's fine. But in the end it's "OUR" money he's playing the 'pea and the shell' game with.

And that doesn't even begin to address the 56 billion we, the U.S. Taxpayers and our Canadian friends have invested in the stock, that right now isn't worth the cost to print out shares on. But there is a chance, perhaps in 30 or 45 years that the General Motors company, will once again start to make a profit and we can finally begin to see some value in our presetly worthless stock. ;help

Mac ,I've been stationed in Ft Sill and the summer heat gets to some people .He's probibly a little stressed ;LOL
Edmond is one of the good guys so I'm surprised to read him getting antsy. You could be right about the heat... :chuckle

-Mac

"GM has payed back all their Government bailout loans three years early.
Buy what ever you want! In the late 70's and early 80's the Government bailed out a US auto maker and was repayed early also!"

"We have repaid our government loans in full — with interest — five years ahead of the original schedule," says Ed Whitacre, chairman and CEO of General Motors Company, asking Americans to give the bankrupt company another look.
But a top Senate Republican has accused GM of misleading taxpayers about the repayment, saying the struggling auto giant was able to repay a $6.7 billion bailout loan only by using other bailout funds in a special escrow account.

John, GM simply took 6.9 billion out of it's 12.4 Billion escrow account, and paid off the 'Loan' portion of it's debt package. In as much as this is nothing more than taking $5.00 out of you left pants pocket, and putting it into your right pants pocket. It was a terrible idea to make a commercial out of the fact. But if it makes Ed Whitacre feel any better, that's fine. But in the end it's "OUR" money he's playing the 'pea and the shell' game with.

And that doesn't even begin to address the 56 billion we, the U.S. Taxpayers and our Canadian friends have invested in the stock, that right now isn't worth the cost to print out shares on. But there is a chance, perhaps in 30 or 45 years that the General Motors company, will once again start to make a profit and we can finally begin to see some value in our presetly worthless stock. ;help

I don't intend to get rid of my GM vehicles but I sure would like to get some value to my stock.

So they cry and get our tax dollars and now they want to compensate their executives with millions of dollars?

Tell me again why I should ever buy a GM product again? :eyerole

Your living a sheltered life if you think this does not happen in all corporations.

Corporation Rebuilding

I know this is a touchy subject to many of us. But in reality, it is a sound idea if General Motors Company does in fact succeeds. The money the government, well Us the taxpayers have invested in GMC hopefully will continue to build quality automobiles, which it looks like their finally getting in gear with. And if they don't steal the company blind again, our children will benefit for the money we've invested. But that's only going to happen if General Motors exectives decide to act in an honorable and ethical fashion. Although they seem to be back at the multi-million dollar bounes 'pat on the back' bandwagon. And No, I don't drink the GM koolaide, I want our children to have something they can be proud that we did. :Twist

"the Corvette replacement won't be a Ford either "

... because there is no such thing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom