Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: GM Performance Exhaust

Blue260

Corvette
2014 Lime Rock Green Metallic 3LT/ Z51 - 7 Speed
Does anyone own or have any experience with this exhaust system?

Is it basically the NPP option without the vacuum operated butterfly?

I saw it advertised in Eklers Catalog.

Thanks,
chris

I think the GM Performance Exhaust is still a Corsa ehaust. I got my Corsa Sports through a GM dealer and installed them myself.

GM EXHAUST is a BORLA exhaust as far as I've heard the last few years.B+B has an NPP equivalent.There are 2 forms.The GM AGGRESSIVE is the loudest of the 2 and considered "OFF ROAD".The other is like the touring exhaust,quiet.

CORSA supposedly is "tuned" to minimize drone. Slightly higher pitched sounds however.

I put the GM Performance system on my '06 A6 Coupe. The exhaust was made by Borla and was terrible. After a week of putting up with the drone the system was off the car. I now have a '07 A6 convertible with the Corsa exhaust designed for the A6. I love it.

I put the GM Performance system on my '06 A6 Coupe. The exhaust was made by Borla and was terrible. After a week of putting up with the drone the system was off the car. I now have a '07 A6 convertible with the Corsa exhaust designed ofr the A6. I love it.

Thanks for the info - did you also install the x-pipe or just the mufflers, and, what system do you have, Sport or Touring?

Thanks for the info - did you also install the x-pipe or just the mufflers, and, what system do you have, Sport or Touring?

I did not install an X-pipe as one was not mentioned. It was the Touring system.

I currently have the Corsa Sport designed for the A6 and it is super. Absolutely no drone at any RPM. I understand there is even an A6 version of the Corsa Extreme, but I don't know for sure.

I did not install an X-pipe as one was not mentioned. It was the Touring system.

I currently have the Corsa Sport designed for the A6 and it is super. Absolutely no drone at any RPM. I understand there is even an A6 version of the Corsa Extreme, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks, you've helped me make up my mind in the confused and subjective world of exhaust.

Since all my vettes have been daily drivers, and on long trips too, I would go crazy with a constant mid rpm drone.

I'm gonna go with the Corsa Sport.
Does your Sport system have the x-pipe or just mufflers? And, can I ask where you purchased yours from - was shipping charges high?

:beer chris

Thanks, you've helped me make up my mind in the confused and subjective world of exhaust.

Since all my vettes have been daily drivers, and on long trips too, I would go crazy with a constant mid rpm drone.

I'm gonna go with the Corsa Sport.
Does your Sport system have the x-pipe or just mufflers? And, can I ask where you purchased yours from - was shipping charges high?

:beer chris
I bought it from an individual. The Corsa Sport version for the A6 comes with an "X" pipe along with the mufflers. If you are interested in a louder exhaust I understand Corsa makes an A6 version of their Extreme. That was not available when I was looking for an exhaust and I find the Sport loud enough for me. I am no longer young and crazy - only crazy.
John

I bought it from an individual. The Corsa Sport version for the A6 comes with an "X" pipe along with the mufflers. If you are interested in a louder exhaust I understand Corsa makes an A6 version of their Extreme. That was not available when I was looking for an exhaust and I find the Sport loud enough for me. I am no longer young and crazy - only crazy.
John

Ditto....only maybe not as crazy!
chris

Does anyone own or have any experience with this exhaust system?

Is it basically the NPP option without the vacuum operated butterfly?

I saw it advertised in Eklers Catalog.

Thanks,
chris

Hi Blue260, have a look at my post here "Its not NPP so what ist it?" I have the GCA (GM) performance exhaust and I posted pictures.:thumb

Hi Blue260, have a look at my post here "Its not NPP so what ist it?" I have the GCA (GM) performance exhaust and I posted pictures.:thumb

You have the aftermarket exhaust available from the performance parts group of GM. The GCA designation stands for Genuine Corvette Accessories.
They have two systems available - basically touring and sport. The Sport is not available in Calif. because it does not meet the dba rating requirement. However, that doesn't mean you can't obtain it if you live in CA.
I was going to purchase this system myself until some of the forum members complained of mid-rpm DRONE! Since I have always used my vette as daily drivers and go on trips this exhaust isn't for me.
I think the best solution is to purchase an aftermarket system from Corsa, Magnaflow, and/or B&B.
One other note is - which system was installed on yours - Touring or Sport.
chris

I believe mine are touring. They do have a drone at 1500 rpm and I was going to take them back and have the originals put back on but I got used to it and they sound really good at idle and during acceleration. Mine is a daily driver too for the rest of this year. In January mine will become a weekend driver.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom