Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM ponders how to replicate success of Camaro in redesign

2nd gen's were/are great, it'll be interesting ta see what they end up with...

camp_1007_06_o+1970_chevy_camaro+engine.jpg

camp_1007_01_o+1970_chevy_camaro+front.jpg

camp_1007_04_o+1970_chevy_camaro+wheels.jpg

www.cp.com

Great looking car!! My powerplant of choice however would be an LT-5, 5.7L ported and cammed to about 480rwhp.

As someone that has owned a 68 big block,79 Z-28, 82 4 cylinder, and a 94 Z-28 (which all had useable back seats). Hopefully the next car will have a useable back seat so I can buy one.

The SOUND of reasoning . . .

As someone that has owned a 68 big block,79 Z-28, 82 4 cylinder, and a 94 Z-28, how about make one with a useable back seat so I can finally buy one.

I'm with you. I just read a Consumer Reports, (I'm not positive that the rag it was in) But never the less, the outcome of the judging of the best "Sports Car" was clearly the 2012 Corvette ZO6, BUT they picked the Ford Mustang simply because as very close second up, I think it was the Mustang Boss 302, but it was cost that it all boiled down to. A 2012 Corvette ZO6 optioned well, is close to if not well past $75K. In this economy there are folks who don't mind dropping close to a hundred grand on a truly great sports car, but to you and me, we have only a limited amount of money to spend on something 'Exciting' to wheel around in. Folks today are having a time of it just to keep the lights on and the mortgage paid. IF they are lucky enough to still have a home. GM needs to start looking at the whole economy if they want to start building more than 16.000 Corvettes a year. (Again, Not sure if that is the total numbers this year) :w

I also owned a 89 Mustang 5.0 for many years that had a useable back seat. Even the new Mustang's back seat is a joke. The only V8 rear wheel drive car that will hold a family of four is the Challenger and who wants to drive a 4400 pound Musclecar. I should have bought a 06 GTO or a 2010 G8 GXP when I had the chance.

I also owned a 89 Mustang 5.0 for many years that had a useable back seat. Even the new Mustang's back seat is a joke. The only V8 rear wheel drive car that will hold a family of four is the Challenger and who wants to drive a 4400 pound Musclecar. I should have bought a 06 GTO or a 2010 G8 GXP when I had the chance.

and the CTS V. Wait for the Chevy SS if you liked the G8.

...The only V8 rear wheel drive car that will hold a family of four is the Challenger and who wants to drive a 4400 pound Musclecar...

I just sold an '09 Challenger R/T 6-speed with all the options and it weighed in at just under 4200lbs. A lightweight? Obviously not, but let's not add weight where none exists. And yes, it is definitely a four-adult-passenger car...with the trunk room for their luggage, too. Having taken it on a couple of long trips, I can say that it makes one hell of a comfortable GT. It regularly saw 27-28 mpg on the highway and would do 0-60 mph in 5.0 seconds, so it wasn't really all that hampered by the weight. Of course, lighter/smaller would be better. I always thought that it should have been 7/8 scale to have been perfect all around, but they were somewhat limited by the scale of the parent LX platform...

Having owned a 2011 Calllaway Synergy Green for 10 months, Yes it looks great but...it's to big, to heavy, crude ride. Agree it needs to loose some weight. An F55 option should be avail on all V8 models, not just the ZL1. I traded a 2006 Covette for the Camaro but as of Aug last year, I am back into a Corvette vert. Much happier, much faster. A redesign indeed will happen. Hope they get it right this time. :beer

Having owned a 2011 Calllaway Synergy Green for 10 months, Yes it looks great but...it's to big, to heavy, crude ride. Agree it needs to loose some weight. An F55 option should be avail on all V8 models, not just the ZL1. I traded a 2006 Covette for the Camaro but as of Aug last year, I am back into a Corvette vert. Much happier, much faster. A redesign indeed will happen. Hope they get it right this time. :beer

I really like the new Camaro, but you are spot on about the weight. Everything really negative I have heard about the car is a result of it being such a porker. It needs to shed about 400 pounds to go from tank to pony car. Actually, I don't know how Chevy could make it as heavy as it is. I think I"ll look up the Caddy CTS weight to compare them.

I like the newest Camaro alot better then the ones from the 80's and 90's........my own opinion.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom