Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM ponders how to replicate success of Camaro in redesign

They better just leave it alone.......We were in Phoenix last week and I saw a ton of new Camaros. If it ain't broke............

Don't break it with change!

:w

I'm glad to see a quick/er refresh in the works, long in the tooth's not good a good thing. As you know yearly skin changes were standard practice back in the day.

To keep pace in today's fast moving global auto industry, good/decisive, change/model refreshes are not only necessary, they are demanded.
:lou

It was borke and it needs a fix now !

:w

I'm glad to see a quick/er refresh in the works, long in the tooth's not good a good thing. As you know yearly skin changes were standard practice back in the day.

To keep pace in today's fast moving global auto industry, good/decisive, change/model refreshes are not only necessary, they are demanded.

:lou

I have not liked the design from the get go, it is a very tight fit in the cabin even for someone my small stature. A new, well not a whole "new" redesign, but a set of small changes would do a great thing in refreshing the face and rear and perhaps a redesign of the interior. JMHO ! :w

I have not liked the design from the get go, it is a very tight fit in the cabin even for someone my small stature. A new, well not a whole "new" redesign, but a set of small changes would do a great thing in refreshing the face and rear and perhaps a redesign of the interior. JMHO ! :w

Not ergonomically correct. Go sit in one.

GM knows it and there will be a redesign.

After beating the Mustang In sales for 2 years - for the first time ever, I wouldn't stray too far from the winning formula. That said, there is room for improvement. The dash ripe for a makeover.

Not ergonomically correct. Go sit in one.

GM knows it and there will be a redesign.

:wEvery car deserves some refresh!!!
Even Porsche has been constantly refreshed for the last 200 years.:happyanim:

I have never been too keen on the smiley face grille.

A car like this should look "meaner". I have seen some aftermarket grilles that look much better.:beer

Make it lose 300 pounds.

Camaro, don't mess with a good thing. I like the old school remakes - Camaro, Challenger, Mustang. Now build me a 70 Chevelle SS :upthumbs

I was at a local Chevrolet Dealership the other day and they had a ZL1, Very cool car! :beer

i10fwy

The Camaro redesign was a great move by GM. The problem that comes with that is, the original design of the Camaro is what people liked when it first came out. The designs after that were never as good as the original. I had a 92 RS and a 94 Z28, but I would have rather had a 67. So would most other people.

GM probably won't be able to recapture the magic with another redesign and the Mustang will again be back on top.

The Camaro redesign was a great move by GM. The problem that comes with that is, the original design of the Camaro is what people liked when it first came out. The designs after that were never as good as the original. I had a 92 RS and a 94 Z28, but I would have rather had a 67. So would most other people.

GM probably won't be able to recapture the magic with another redesign and the Mustang will again be back on top.

:wAgreed!!

They will never learn.
What will sell REALLY well would be a light weight, sporty car like the original Camaro with a turbo 4cyl (only) and at a much cheaper price. Look at the new BMW's!! (but not cheaper)

It would actually be an American "tuner". No need for 7L V8, since you already have the vette and camaro.

Whether houses or cars, they still keep coming out with bloated /loaded products that appeal to the 1% ers. It is obvious that they are looking for the big score on a few units rather than volume production.

Ford broke the mold with the original Mustang, and the Camaro followed, but they both got a little too fat!!!

The way it is now, the Camaro, the Vette, and the Mustang are very heavy and cost a ton.

The times they are a changin'.:thumb

That maybe the best stated reason for success... incremental changes on the formula instead of massive rework.

The Porsche 911 has stayed true to its roots. You can park a '70s 911 next to the new one and see the lineage. I don't think you can do that with a 67 Camaro and a 1993 Camaro.

I will say, the 3rd and 4th gens were more similar in terms of appearance cues- quad lights on the Camaro... pop-up lights on the Firebird... but they were still very different looking. Perhaps a bit too different looking from their predecessors.

I'd like to see the refresh somehow become more retro. Not sure if that can be done- but it would be great if they could pull it off. The fans screamed "YES! We've waited for THIS Camaro!!!" Let's not let them say "I'll pass until the next redesign" or the Camaro will be sunk..

JMO, but they could do almost anything and it would be an improvement. Objectively, weight reduction should be at the top of their list, followed by styling that's a bit less "Hot Wheels"...

I think a retro 2nd gen would be in order right about now. As popular as Camaro turned out, there is no excitement in going backwards. I read the other day that Ford wants to leave the retro look of the Mustang for something totally different.

I don't remember where I read it, but it makes good sense; things get stale after a while. ;)

JMO, but they could do almost anything and it would be an improvement. Objectively, weight reduction should be at the top of their list, followed by styling that's a bit less "Hot Wheels"...

:wYou hit it right on. I knew there was something that I didn't like and I couldn't put it into words........"Hot Wheels".

yes it has a teen ager with rage look.:happyanim:

2015 Camaro Concept

:cool

camp-1207-01-z+2015-camaro-concept+.jpg

www.camaroperformers.com

The 70 1/2 Camaro was one of the most beautiful production cars Chevy put out IMO.
And the dash was much better looking than the 1st Gen. In fact, give me the TransAm dash with the engine turned fascia and that thick TA wheel.

The 70 1/2 Camaro was one of the most beautiful production cars Chevy put out IMO.
And the dash was much better looking than the 1st Gen. In fact, give me the TransAm dash with the engine turned fascia and that thick TA wheel.

I've owned three Camaros and the 70 1/2 was my second one....I drove the heck out of 'ol "Frog Face" :L I really think if Chevy is going to stick with a retro look, they would do well to look at 2nd gen stylings.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom