Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM pulls C6 Ad!

It's a shame that these organizations that really do some good for the betterment of the product have to stick their noses into something so silly. It's my opinion that they should stick to what they do best. Leave the peoples imaginations alone. Let them know how you feel. Next they will pull the add with the car hauler. Maybe they should look at the video game market. :(

Center for Auto Safety at http://www.autosafety.org/fileacomplaint.php

Consumers Union at http://www.consumersunion.org/aboutcu/contact.html

Why pull the add?

Greenie said:
Are people who agree with those groups @#&holes as well? Im a lawyer and I agree with pulling the ad so I guess I lose on both counts right?
Greenie,
To answer your question... I don't believe they are !@#holes but maybe a little uptight.
What are the reasons you believe the add should be pulled?

They might be a*%&$@holes as well, but it's America. We can agree to disagree. Just ask yourself , what's the next commercial to be censored?

I was 13 when the herbal essence commercials came out. All I can say was that commercial was the greatest, and I think it imposes somthing more morally wrong then driving a vette.

Oh well, i guess only in america

Craig

The only reason I could see someone getting angry about this commercial is that the two kids didn't honor the vette tradition. This was brought up on another thread too i think. Oh well other than that it was totally kick but. I have watched it three times.

craig

This was a hot-topic at Corvettes at Carlisle last weekend.

In my unprofessional opinion, the pulling of the advertisement was unnecessary.

Call me old-fashioned, but I was raised by my parents who took active participation in my up-bringing. They controlled what I watched on TV. They reprimanded me and punished me accordingly. I was taught to respect elders and respect authority.

Somewhere along the course of my 34 years on this earth, I've come to realize that parents these days, have either lost their balls, or their brains, or both.

Sorry to be blunt, but instead of parents actually being parents, they are content at relinquishing control and responsibility to some of these ridiculous organizations that are supposedly formed to protect the consumer.

It's sad, and it's pathetic. If parents cannot take responsibility for their children's actions, then they should not be reproducing. Period.

The poor raising of children, the litigate society aside... I'm looking for a commercial in good taste! The new Vette and Cobalt commercials do not have any class. What about a dream of driving a new Vette on a racetrack instead of being a jerk on the streets? GM needs a new ad agency......IMHO!

Hi all:)
I think it was unfortunate that the vette commercial got pulled,
I mean really..with all the other commercials on the television [even cable]
I could have thought of a few better ones that should go before a corvette ad..
for example, the other day I was watching tv and scrolled through every channel from 2-302 and there was a commercial on every channel AT THE SAME TIME!!!..so being curious I timed an hour long program, the results = 38 minutes
of actual programming, 7 minutes of political ad's , 6 minutes of car commercials
3 minutes of "brown&croupin law office ad's ,2 minutes of charter HIGH SPEED!!! "get real"..2 minutes of health spa's free offers, and 2 minutes of that one nutcase lady with the swifter power duster LMAO!!! Not to mention the soap and laundry ones that slip in there and the smart certify direct "stupid way of learning computers" ..Maybe I should get a satelite and watch commercials from mars for a while???..Im sure they arent dust fanatics like some humans are LOLOL!!!:)
Well I gotta run so i can jot down the number to order a bowflex LOLOL!!!
Sherry:)

I thought it was a really good ad, but usually everything I like is attacked by some group,

BB gun and bottle rocket wars... you bring back great memories of my childhood! But you forgot roman candle wars - I know you had some of those, too.

Political Correctness is my foe. The premise of our Nation has been watered down to the point of absurdity.

Saw a T-mobile commercial yesterday when the guy drops his cell phone into a Monkey pit..
then climbs down into it to get his phone away from the ape who has made a call during peak hours..

just as absurd as the C6 ad, yet it gets airplay without question.

Again, I know GM LOVES the fact that it was censored.. it pays off 1000 fold and they have spent no money.
Its a company dream!

I want a bootleg black market copy now. The tv police will be kicking down my door.

When watching it I just went into the dream with the kid. Great.

The lady using the Neptune washer and dryer looked like she was on the verge of orgasm. That one is next on the ban list.

I think most of us have a copy in MPEG form on our hard drives..

are we all going to jail???
hahahahaha

tlong said:
I want a bootleg black market copy now. The tv police will be kicking down my door.

When watching it I just went into the dream with the kid. Great.

The lady using the Neptune washer and dryer looked like she was on the verge of orgasm. That one is next on the ban list.

I am glad the ad was pulled. Right after my 13 year old saw the add, she tumbled like Paul Hamm (ban the Olympics as well from TV) out the door and into my Vette and I have never seen her again...

Time for the minority to get real and take responsibility for their individual actions. I loved it, best part of the olymics, except for the Beach Volleyball

I just saw the ad. I guess they only pulled it in the US. We have a sattelite receiver that picks up European channels.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom