Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: GM To Stop Taking Orders on 2018 Corvettes in November

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Last night, it was brought to our attention that GM would stop taking orders on 2018 Corvettes at the end of November and start accepting orders for the 2019 model year.

We reached out to our source for verification. Below is the response we received:

Full Story on the Corvette Action Center's Home Page >>>

Attachments

• bowling-green-c7-corvette-assembly-plant.jpg
    bowling-green-c7-corvette-assembly-plant.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 122
If GM keeps pushing up production of the next model year, they'll be building 2025 models in 2023.
Or, maybe, GM will just skip a model year altogether.

2018 2019?

I'm not quite clear on what GM is doing with the 2018-2019 Corvette. I went to our local dealership today to look at a 2018 Corvette. All they had were 2017, 7 or 8 of them. Only one was a Stingray. The rest were those really High Horse Power ones. Couldn't get a straight answer from the salesmen. All they were interested in was selling something while they walked around me like hungry vultures and I looked like dinner until I just ignored them. So what's up with production and what year are they making? What's going to be available and when? Are they going to sell mid-engine only from now on? There priced over a 100k from what I saw some where. If that's the case I guess I'll just keep repairing my C-5 as it wears out, maybe. I have to mention I havn't seen any new Corvettes with the dealers name on the back for quite some time around here.

Take a look at Rob's 12OCT2017 post. It explains a lot of your questions.

Sounds like that is a dealer you would want to stay away from.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom