Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Goddam speedbumps

tyrel

Okay, so today we had breakfast on the other side of the island and stopped at a garden on the way back. Speedbumps in the parking lot, no big deal, but here in Hawaii they have the biggest speedbumps in the world. Add to that the hidden pothole on the other side of the one evil speedbump it is my misfortune to meet this morning, and I get a hole punched in my oil pan right at the drain plug. Didn't notice it until I got home and later on went down to get something and my garage floor is covered in oil.

I have to say one thing, this car is pretty solid, we went to Costco after that bump and drove all the way home with no problems. Guess I should have checked under the car after hitting that f*cking bump.

I'll fix it myself, but that botanical garden will be getting a bill from me...

That little hump in the oilpan by the drain plug is a bugger......the lowest part under the car....I have some scratches on mine too......dunno where from.......you could think about reinforcing the new pan you are going to install...

I know the speed bumps there, some can be nasty. We have speed humps here...they are about 4ft wide to slow you down.
BTW is that the Costco by Mililani your talking about? Man I stocked up before I left...I think I had a 100#s of food in my luggage and you should have seen the screeners at the airport.;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Stayed at my uncle's...he lives next to the stadium.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom