Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gold Emblems or Not ?

Should I change the Emblems to Gold?

• Gold Emblems

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Leave the Emblems Crome

Votes: 21 80.8%

• Total voters
Corvette
1979 Bright Red L-82
I have a Black Vette and was thinking about changing the crome emblems to Gold. Most of the interior is Gold on Black already.

Do what you like, it's yours!

Now, for my personal opinion.
I don't like the look of the gold trim on cars that have chrome wheels. Either all the trim needs to be silver (chrome/aluminum) or it needs to be all gold.
I can't stand MIXING the colors! Wheels, trim and emblems need to be the same.
However, with that said...it may look very striking with your vette being black with a gold interior!
Heidi

Thanks Heidi....I saw a Jag that was Jet Black also and it had Gold Emblems and the Interior was Black with Gold trim . It sure did look good.....So I was thinking of doing the same with my Vette. I think I would add the tail pipe tips also if I did do it.

my 82 Z/28 is all black and i have a set of gold iroc rims for it and it really sets the car off! i think black and gold looks good as long as you stay tasteful with it. i do agree with Heidi on this one. don't mix and match! and too much looks too gaudy :D

"Never in a hundred, never in a thousand, never in a million years." :D

That is, not unless I had my gold tooth displayed. :gap

_ken :w

Go for the Gold!

What works on the inside should work on the outside.

My feelings have always been that vettes look best stock. Unlike say, Harleys, I'm not big on personalizing vettes, especially cosmetically. The fashion police will get you! (or maybe just Zora)
Bottom line; it is your wheels, but like Heidi says if the rims don't match it may look a bit clashy...

I voted for chrome. Just my personal opinion (which you asked for :D) Never really been a fan of the Gold but to each his own. If you have or ever get chrome wheels though........you night want to go with chrome emblems to match.

Jay

i think gold and black look really good together. I loved the old black Z28's with the gold racing stripes....

I say go for it.

-Dave C.

If it matches your gold crowns, go for it!!

I don't know why people just do not leave their vettes stock on the outside and put all their money into the performance.

Just my two cwnts.

Alan

C'mon now! With a handle like "Gold Nugget", what would we expect you to say? ;)

_ken :w

Daryl,
If you go to gold, we will have to make a......."citizens arrest!!" (To quote Gomer from the Andy Griffith Show )

Nick :w

Gold might look good on a Vette...........most of the hooptys I see on the way to work have the gold trim........they also have white walls........

I have them on my black '84 vette.....and think they look good....don't care what anyone says........to each his own.....
tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom