Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: good repro parts supplier

bretty

Corvette
1968 coupe
Im new to the whole restore thing and being in Australia makes it a bit harder to source a good supplier.I was Just wondering if anyone has any advice on parts suppliers.I am wanting to buy some repro interior panels etc for my 68 coupe.Just wondering if there are some suppliers better than others or some I should steer clear of if quality etc isnt as good.Just looking at places such as Corvettesouth,corvette america,Rowley corvette supply,Wilcox,any others?.Any recomendations as I have read some parts can be inferior such as parts made of hard plastic instead of the original material.
thanks in advance for any help.

You will almost certainly get a variety of opinions on this subject. Each of us will have a favorite parts supplier. My advice would be to stick with the major providers and you will usually be okay. Comparison shop.

Good luck with the '68.

:)

Zip is an excellant company to do business with and they stand behind their products. Another really excellant company that I bought a lot of replacement C-3 parts from is : Riks Unlimited in Morgantown, NC 1-828-433-6506 www.RIKSVET.com Zip Products are well known and ship worldwide everyday.

ro parts

Stay away from ALL foreign made parts, no matter what company carries them. They are all nothing but headaches and junk. I'm talking from experience. NOTHING fits correctly.:puke

Good luck on your 68. You have every right to be wary. Buying from a name brand shop definitely is worth it. I just ordered a full interior from Willcox because they had the best price for the full package. All the parts I've received so far are the proper material and also come from a well known distributor.
You can't really go wrong with Willcox, Zip, Corvette America, Mid America, or Eckler's as they will have the right stuff. You're pressing your luck with eBay though :)

I like Mid America, Corvette Central, and Ecklers. Good products they know their stuff. I tried Wilcox and was not impressed, others on the forum seem to do alright with them. I usually check with the three above for best price and shipping and order from that information.

When I'm looking for reproduction Corvette parts for my older cars, the 71, the 82 and the 95, or when I'm looking for other pieces, such as performance enhancements, I usually get them from Corvette Central. I also get my Factory Service Manuals from them, too.

Why?

Well, I've had good luck with Corvette Central having the stuff I need in stock. They respond to customer service querys in a satisfactory manner.

Lastly, I feel the owners of Corvette Central have the best interests of the Corvette hobby at heart in the way they do business.

Their website is at Corvette Central - Corvette Parts and Accessories including Exhaust and Performance.

I like Mid America, Corvette Central, and Ecklers. Good products they know their stuff. I tried Wilcox and was not impressed, others on the forum seem to do alright with them. I usually check with the three above for best price and shipping and order from that information.
As info too. Willcox has forum discounts for CAC members which was one of the deciding factors for my purchase

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom