Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got a race lined up in a few weeks :-)

sheez........you guys are getting nutz!!!!!!!.......hehe :D soon you'll be up with ken with 10 trillion horsepower! :D :D

Then I think you are going to need even BIGGER tires in that case.

Put a 400 shot of Nitrous, give him something he will never forget.

Heck bet for a raise, you have nothing to lose.

Frank

That's the set-up that's on Julio Vidal's 90 Red ZR1. He's working on a 368 inch motor now to go with that setup. He use's that direct port setup with a dry 150 NOS set-up. I think that he was running mid 10's with the two stage nitrous alone .
We are going the conservative route. The 150 NOS set-up will do the mid 11's on an otherwise totally stock ZR1.

Frank,
I'd like to get some info on the nitrous system that you're looking at for your Z. I wouldn't mind also taking the conservative route.

Jay

The NOS kit #5172 is a complete kit. Cost was 800. thru a friend. It retail's for more. NOS did their homework on this kit. It will be installed soon. See my post's on the other board refering to run a search on RatRacer. He's put over 300 lbs of NO2 (the same kit) thru his ZR1. With zero problem's. I will be in contact with him when the bottle get's installed. One thing for sure. The car will see a dyno with a wideband 02 sensor immediately after installation.
Funny thing , I have a fresh Jeal built 368. And a 415 crank in the box. After thinking long and hard. The bottle is going in and the 368 is staying on the engine stand. I like this car too much. Safe NO2 is the way it's going to be.

JT ZR-Won said:
Frank,
I'd like to get some info on the nitrous system that you're looking at for your Z. I wouldn't mind also taking the conservative route.

Jay

You ZR1 guys are really in a different mind set. If NOS is conversative, I don't know what would be radical!:L :L :L

Were not in a different mind set at all BullWinkle, were insane. You'll just have to take one of those beasts out for a good flogging and you'll know where were coming from. 91 ZR-1 Red/Saddle #2039

Well if someone lets me drive their ZR1, then they're definitely insane!:L :L

But I do forsee myself being a ZR1 owner sometime down the road. Might not be for many years though since an LT4 is my next goal.

I'd get the ZR-1 first there not going to get any cheaper and I'd keep the 88 aniversary edition too. A fellow just can't have to many Corvettes around, and the LT-4 would make three. Good luck in your search. 84 CF 91 ZR-1.

vettl83 said:
I'd get the ZR-1 first there not going to get any cheaper and I'd keep the 88 aniversary edition too. A fellow just can't have to many Corvettes around, and the LT-4 would make three. Good luck in your search. 84 CF 91 ZR-1.

Yes, I see your take on it. I will definitely keep the 35th, but I'm going LT4 next because it would be like a gradual learning curve that eventually comes up to the ZR1. I feel that the ZR1 is a totally different beasts in terms of Corvette's and that the novice such as myself shouldn't exactly jump in the ZR1 league.:L :L :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom