Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got my new 35th Anniv interior!

MRANT212

Corvette
1988 35th ANNIV,1971 BRIDGEHAMPTON BLUE BB COUPE
Although my car only has 35k miles on it after almost 22 years the drivers seat had a bunch of cracks as well as both seats beginning to yellow. I ordered new seats thru Mid-America already wrapped around the new foam. The car looks great now with the proper stitching etc. Funny thing is the cushions themselves are a bit higher than the stock ones. Being a touch over 6'1 I sit a bit higher. I also feel that the leather quality is not as good as the original but am still happy with the overall outcome. Now when I open the door the interior looks striking! To bad we have some cold weather up here...would have popped the roof off and gone for a cruise!!

Although my car only has 35k miles on it after almost 22 years the drivers seat had a bunch of cracks as well as both seats beginning to yellow. I ordered new seats thru Mid-America already wrapped around the new foam. The car looks great now with the proper stitching etc. Funny thing is the cushions themselves are a bit higher than the stock ones. Being a touch over 6'1 I sit a bit higher. I also feel that the leather quality is not as good as the original but am still happy with the overall outcome. Now when I open the door the interior looks striking! To bad we have some cold weather up here...would have popped the roof off and gone for a cruise!!

Congrats on the new interior parts!

The reason your seats seem higher is because your foam is new and hasn't been crushed down by age. :thumb

Don't worry- in 22 years the seats will feel the same again. ;) :chuckle

As for stitching and materials, some of the restoration parts I've seen aren't a 1:1 match to the OEM. But the quality should really be about the same- just different.

Oh- and post some pics!:upthumbs

It's hard to believe the quality wasn't as good as OEM. GM isn't known for great quality leather...not even close.

Congrats! The seats in my 98 are definitely showing their age and signs they're in a daily driver. I'll have to think about changing them out one day but for now I'm spending the $$ on mechanical things. Like headlight motors. ;squint:

And just in case no one mentioned it, we'd love to see pix. :D

:wJane Ann

Sorry for no pics. I ran the car back to where I store it. Even my kids want to see it since they got the seats for my birthday. Im sure my fat butt will sink the foam back down over time!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom