Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got my red headed 61 back

Rockdaddy

Corvette
1961 Roman Red with white coves
I love reading all the projects here, and thought I would update work on my "Red head" girlfriend as my Wife refers to my 61.
I found an old school mechanic, Mark in Kissimme Fl who invested a lot of time, busted knuckles and a few new curse words while working on the car for me.
Mark stripped the interior, pulled the windshield frame and all.
While it was off sent the gauges to a guy in Palm Beach who restored the gauges and clock and they turned out like new.
The gauge cluster was painted, dash cover replaced, the grab handle, stainless trim near the handle. They reversed it all ending up with a great finish. After all the work done over the years he cleaned up and fixed all the electrical wiring, and rebuilt the windshield motor, wow, forgot they actually worked.
Mark replaced all the grounding straps, and dyna matted the floor installing new carpet, seats, door panels and kick panels.
After checking the gauges we found the sending unit had given up the ghost and was replaced.
All the window fuzzys were changed, windows adjusted and doors re-aligned.
Halogen headlights, and led dash lights, wow what a difference.
He was so good he replaced all screws with matching hardware, you would be surprised on the mish mashed assortment of screws on the car.
The convertible top frame was rebuilt and powder coated, with all new components.

Thanks for all the incentive to get this done. I am still working in Mexico so it was great to finally see some of this work done after putting it off so many years.
I was so lucky to find someone dedicated to see this thru. Looking for the next project now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Rockdaddy.....I think your updates require some pictures here! Sounds like a great project and a nice car. Sounds like your wife is pretty cool too! :chuckle

:happyanim:

Thanks, yes it's a controllable vice.
I need to read up on how to post some pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 142
I think she's red all over! Oooh la la. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom