Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got My Seats Done

Nice job! You should be able to put them in in less than 30 minutes...then off for a drive :D

First I have to get the rest of the carpet in, the center console back in, the oil pressure gauge back in the gauge cluster and the gauge cluster back in, the heater cable attached, the electric door locks in, the window regulators rebuilt and the door panels back on.

Other than that, nothing to do between now and the 4/18 road trip.:cry

Bob,
What was the out-the-door cost for those "very nice" seats? Looking to get mine done (got a quote yesterday for about $1100).
Shawn:eek

nyernga said:
ps: writing this in the bathroom.......:L:L

Way too much information Len.

I bought the parts from TLD but had the shop next door, Dave's Performance Cars, put them in. They have a pretty good rep and are very convenient.

Worked on routing the wiring harness for the electric door locks last night,. Will finish the carpet when I get back from Freezing my a$$ off in Rock Island, IL on Monday.

Looks good and will feel great with new foam. I bet the old ones had the life squished out of them after 25 years.

Beautiful!

Thanks guys. I haven't had a chance to sit in them yet. My wife is hoping that the new foam will lift here high enough that she can see out of the windshield.

Those new seats look great. I can't wait to see them in April.

Chris (69MyWay),

As I recall you had problems mounting your seats with the new carpet and insulation increasing the thickness and the bolts not being long enough. I'm facing the same problem.

How did you get around this? I'm thinking of taking a washer or a flat piece of metal and tightening it down, first over the insulation and then the insulation and the carpet, to see if I can compress it enough and leave a footprint. If this doesn't work I guess I'll have to trim away some of the insulation and the carpet, but I would prefer not to have to do this.

Bob

This may sound like a silly answer but why not just spend another 10 bucks and get some longer bolts at the local hardware store??

install with the longer bolts, wait for the material to compress naturalls then swap back out with the originals when you can fit them.

Bill

Bill,

I guess I've just gotten too cynical about finding bolts at the hardware store and didn't even consider this. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice.

Bob

Bob,

:) been there done that, when faced with a project that has the end in sight one tends to overlook the obvious.

Bill

Hey Bob , Did you buy them on ebay?.I was thinking of purchasing them from that vavette 2000 guy.He is selling all leather sets for $280.00.

vete seats?

Did you use the vavette guy? i am looking at some now. was the product good?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom