Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

got smoked this weekend by a wrx

RichR

I saw a handfull of WRXs running low 14s last saturday, got to raceway park early for the Cartek Corvette Challenge and the Toyota Supera event was still going on, a bunch of Subarus were in attendance. Poor shifting was very common, bogging off the line and losing the spooled up boost. One WRX did run a 13.7, owner did not want to talk. (it was the only WRX there without a decal package, extra fog lights or any attention getting add ons)

Though many Corvette purists may laugh at my automatic, I have yet to miss a shift.

I will say this - automatics are consistent. Great for bracket racing. And the Vette has one of the best automatics available (discounting auto-manuals like the Ferarri or Aston Martin units).

Took me probably 25-30k miles and one toasted clutch to learn how to launch my AWD turbo Subaru (not WRX).

I know of one WRX-clone owner (started with 93 Impreza, added STi engine and other bits, lightened the car, etc) who gets into the low 10's. But he rally-crosses the car as well, so he *definitely* knows what he's doing.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom