Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got This in my Email Today...

twiget

Corvette
In the market
[FONT=Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]Dear Jason,

You made the right choice when you put your confidence in General Motors, and we appreciate your past support. I want to assure you that we are making our best vehicles ever, and we have exciting plans for the future. But we need your help now. Simply put, we need you to join us to let Congress know that a bridge loan to help U.S. automakers also helps strengthen the U.S. economy and preserve millions of American jobs.

Despite what you may be hearing, we are not asking Congress for a bailout but rather a loan that will be repaid.

The U.S. economy is at a crossroads due to the worldwide credit crisis, and all Americans are feeling the effects of the worst economic downturn in 75 years. Despite our successful efforts to restructure, reduce costs and enhance liquidity, U.S. auto sales rely on access to credit, which is all but frozen through traditional channels.

The consequences of the domestic auto industry collapsing would far exceed the $25 billion loan needed to bridge the current crisis. According to a recent study by the Center for Automotive Research:

• One in 10 American jobs depends on U.S. automakers
• Nearly 3 million jobs are at immediate risk
• U.S. personal income could be reduced by $150 billion
• The tax revenue lost over 3 years would be more than $156 billion

Discussions are now underway in Washington, D.C., concerning loans to support U.S. carmakers. I am asking for your support in this vital effort by contacting your state representatives.

Please take a few minutes to go to www.gmfactsandfiction.com, where we have made it easy for you to contact your U.S. senators and representatives. Just click on the "I'm a Concerned American" link under the "Mobilize Now" section, and enter your name and ZIP code to send a personalized e-mail stating your support for the U.S. automotive industry.

Let me assure you that General Motors has made dramatic improvements over the last 10 years. In fact, we are leading the industry with award-winning vehicles like the Chevrolet Malibu, Cadillac CTS, Buick Enclave, Pontiac G8, GMC Acadia, Chevy Tahoe Hybrid, Saturn AURA and more. We offer 18 models with an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway or better — more than Toyota or Honda. GM has 6 hybrids in market and 3 more by mid-2009. GM has closed the quality gap with the imports, and today we are putting our best quality vehicles on the road.

Please share this information with friends and family using the link on the site.

Thank you for helping keep our economy viable.

Sincerely,

2008_11_qq_sig.jpg

Troy Clarke
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
:thumb Jason

Gee, I got that, too. Seeing how we have to dig ourselves out of our own bad situations, I felt the need to answer the e-mail, Not that I believe anyone at GM would bother reading it, since it was probably blasted into a cyberspace netherworld, but here's my droll reply:

Sure, just like a couple years ago when a problem in the steering box that I had complained about in my 2002 Tahoe since it was about 6 months old (and under full warranty). I was told at that time that it would be covered if it ever got worse. Well, when the Tahoe became a rolling death trap because the steering would just lock up at highway speed, it finally got fixed. And the cost was only approximately $1,800. The dealer tried to get it covered under the previous claim when it was under warranty. No dice. They suggested I call GM and plead my case. I did. And the answer you people gave me was that I was out of luck, since you would not pay on a claim for a problem that was 2 years old. And it was my problem, since I did not buy an extended warranty from you. Every new car I ever bought was GM. I own three right now, a Tahoe, a Corvette and an Impala, all purchased new. I gave you my money, and plenty of it. When I needed your help, you told me to PAY.

Now it’s your turn.

Sorry.

My husband received that same email today, but I never got one.

Elaine

Gee, I got that, too. Seeing how we have to dig ourselves out of our own bad situations, I felt the need to answer the e-mail, Not that I believe anyone at GM would bother reading it, since it was probably blasted into a cyberspace netherworld, but here's my droll reply:

Sure, just like a couple years ago when a problem in the steering box that I had complained about in my 2002 Tahoe since it was about 6 months old (and under full warranty). I was told at that time that it would be covered if it ever got worse. Well, when the Tahoe became a rolling death trap because the steering would just lock up at highway speed, it finally got fixed. And the cost was only approximately $1,800. The dealer tried to get it covered under the previous claim when it was under warranty. No dice. They suggested I call GM and plead my case. I did. And the answer you people gave me was that I was out of luck, since you would not pay on a claim for a problem that was 2 years old. And it was my problem, since I did not buy an extended warranty from you. Every new car I ever bought was GM. I own three right now, a Tahoe, a Corvette and an Impala, all purchased new. I gave you my money, and plenty of it. When I needed your help, you told me to PAY.

Now it’s your turn.

Sorry.

How do you really feel? :boogie

Once again, Detroit markets (pleads) to itself...

Financiapocalypse: GM's Troy Clarke E-Mails Employees To Beg Congress For Money

If they want to change the trends, why don't they target import owners for their promotion?

I guess we're consider lost business. But, the next time I go car shopping, I will stop at a Chevy dealer to comparison shop. I wonder if they'll still be around in 3/4 years. around

Yeah, they'll be around.

Except GM will stand for "General Mao" and they'll be offering discounted airline tickets to watch your Aveo come off the line in China. "You like whitewalls, Joe"? Please...

As long as Paulson is the guy who gets to pick where the 700 billon goes, he can pick any firms he wants, but I want my cut, too. And not a lousy $1500, either. Make ME happy, all you financial wizards who are slitting OUR throats first!

U.P.John: I agree with your words. Customer loyalty is worth a lot of dough. When they lose that and ask for bailout money, they will spend that money on advertising to tell you how good they are at customer loyalty, not on fixing customers problems.

They lost me long ago. Yes, I own a 67 Corvette but my other cars are a 2007 Mercedes SL550 and a 2009 Mercedes E350. :w

I am really worried about the big 3 going under. Not just because of the cars i love but because of the economy. If they go under i fear we are going to hit a great depression and that our economy is going to be essentially worthless. How can we let GM Ford or Chrylsler go bankrupt? the thought of it is absolutely insane.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom